> Check your mailbox or spam to confirm.
|🆕 New: Find more Scholarships at Latestopportunities.com|
|🕡 Deadline: Apr 20, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
The Mandela Rhodes Foundation is now accepting applications from academically excellent young Africans for its 2022 postgraduate scholarship award to study at a South African tertiary institution.
Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship Programme 2022 is calling for applications. The Scholarship provides full funding for up to a maximum of two years of postgraduate study for an African citizen at recognised South African institutions.
The programme is built on the Foundation’s founding principles of reconciliation, education, entrepreneurship, and leadership, and a belief that leadership begins with inner transformation.
They aim to keep Nelson Mandela’s legacy alive by equipping young African leaders with the competence and courage to transform the continent into a place where everyone has equal opportunity to thrive. The Foundation’s programme is delivered primarily through a series of week-long residential workshops which you will attend during your time in residence.
|SEE ALSO: Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program (FVSP) 2021 for Nigerians|
Eligibility for Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship
You are eligible if:
- You are between the ages of 19 and 29;
- Are a citizen of any African country;
- Have a first degree with above-average academic results (70% or upper second).
Benefits of Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship
The scholarship covers
- Tuition and registration fees as set by your university or institution
- A study materials allowance as set by the MRF
- Accommodation and meal allowances as set by the MRF
- A medical aid allowance as set by the MRF
- A personal allowance as set by the MRF
- Research and conferencing grants can be made available on request
- Economy-class flights for international scholars from their home countries to their institutions at the start and end of their studies
- Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship Selection Criteria
|SEE ALSO: UWE Bristol Chancellor’s Scholarship 2021 for International Students|
They are looking for young Africans who have demonstrated the potential to embody our founding principles of reconciliation, education, entrepreneurship, and leadership. You must have already assumed leadership and made an impact on your campus or community.
Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship Application Key Dates
- March: Applications open on Tuesday, 23 March 2021. Candidates can add recommenders on the platform and begin uploading their documentation and working on their personal essays. See ‘requirements’.
- April: Applications close by the end of Tuesday, 20 April 2021. No late or incomplete applications will be accepted under any circumstances.
- June: You will be notified by the end of June whether or not you are through to Round Two.
- July: You will be notified by the end of July whether or not you are through to Round Three.
- August: You will be notified by the end of August if you are invited for an interview in the Final Round, or if you have been unsuccessful.
- October: Interviews will be conducted virtually this year. You will be notified by the end of October if you are selected as a Mandela Rhodes Scholar.
- October-December: Selected Mandela Rhodes Scholars must do their best to secure acceptance at their university of choice, and their study visa for travel to South Africa in January.
|NOTICE: Help us get better by completing our Quality Survey form.|
How to Apply for Mandela Rhodes Foundation Postgraduate Scholarship
Step 1: Check programme requirements
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
Step 2: Get your documents ready
- Recommenders: They require three letters of recommendation as part of your application. Your recommenders must submit their letters through the application platform. Without these letters, you cannot submit your application. Get in touch with three people who have relevant experience of you and insight into your character as soon as possible – even before applications open – to ask them permission and give them time to write their letters. Once you register a recommender on the platform, they will receive an email asking them to log on and upload their letter.
- Documentation: You will be required to upload certificates of completion for your degrees, transcripts of your academic results, and scans of your ID and passport documents.
- Essays: You will be asked to write two short essays, one on your personal journey, and one on a specific question relating to our principles.
- Application for university: You will be asked to fill in your proposed course of study on your application. They do not require proof that you have applied, but they recommend that you apply as soon as possible, and to more than one university.
STEP 3: Apply online!
|⭐ Apply Next: Boston University 2023 Trustee Scholarship for International Undergraduate Students|
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.