|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Fellowships for Africans (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Sep 15, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 Notice: We are moving to Latestopportunities.com|
The U.S. Department of State and IREX is pleased to announce the Mandela Washington Fellowship Program 2021/2022 to participate in a six-week Leadership Institute at a U.S. college or university to share your experiences with and learn from U.S. citizens and other Fellows.
The Fellowship is the flagship program of the United State Government’s Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI). The fellowship has over the years brought several young leaders from every country in Sub-Saharan Africa to the United States for academic and leadership training.
|SEE ALSO: McGraw Fellowship for Business Journalism 2021 | Call for Applications(Fall)|
To be considered for the Fellowship, interested candidates are to meet the following requirements:
- Are between the ages of 25 and 35 on or before the application deadline, although exceptional applicants ages 21-24 will be considered;
- Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the United States;
- Are eligible to receive a United States J-1 visa;
- Are not employees or immediate family members of employees of the U.S. Government (including a U.S. embassy or consulate, USAID, or other U.S. Government entity);
- Are proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English (additional guidance coming for applicants who are deaf);
- Are citizens of one of the following countries: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cabo Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, or Zimbabwe;
- Are residents of one of the above countries; and
- Are not Alumni of the Mandela Washington Fellowship.
|SEE ALSO: Environmental Education Programme (EEP) for Africans | Call for Applications|
How to Apply
Interested and eligible applicants for the Mandela Washington Fellowship Program 2021/2022 are to apply online before the application deadline. Applicants with any question are to contact the Fellowship Team at MWFellowship@irex.org.
|⭐ Apply Next: Future Academy Africa Tech Scholarship & Fellowship for Young Africans 2022|
MASSIVE PROMO: We are offering you a 70% discount to learn The Complete WhatsApp Marketing Masterclass now. (Don't miss this!)
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.