|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|🆕 New: Find more Grants & Fundings at Latestopportunities.com|
|🕡 Deadline: Sep 14, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
Margaret McNamara Education grants are awarded to women from developing and middle-income countries who, upon obtainment of their degree, intend to return to or remain in their countries, or other developing countries, and work to improve the lives of women and/or children.
JOIN US FOR MORE ON: |
or Follow us on WhatsApp Channel
The MMEG mission is to assist women from developing countries who are pursuing their education with the aim of improving the lives of women and children in their countries. We are one of the few organizations who provide financial assistance to such women. In past years, grants of up to US$15,000 have been awarded in the US/Canada program, and US$7,000 in the Africa, Latin America and Trinity programs.
General: Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be at least 25 years old at time of application deadline (see specific regional program application below);
- Be a national of a country listed on the MMEG Country Eligibility List;
- Be enrolled at an accredited academic institution when submitting application; and plan to be enrolled for a full academic term after award of the grant by the Board;ity Criteria
- Not be related to a World Bank Group, International Monetary Fund or Inter-American Development Bank staff member or spouse;
|SEE ALSO: GCSP Global Leadership Scholarship For Female Peace & Security Practitioners 2023|
Africa: In addition to the above criteria, an applicant must:
already be enrolled part time (minimum of 2 courses per semester or term) or full time at one of the universities listed below, AND be enrolled for the following academic year (January-December or September to May) at one of the following universities:
- University of the Witwatersrand,
- University of Cape Town
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of Pretoria
- University of the Free State
Applicants applying from eligible countries other than South Africa must already hold a study permit for South Africa.
Estimated expenses should be calculated and expressed in Rand
Documents Required for Application
- All of the documents listed below are required to complete your application.
- Failure to submit a complete application with ALL required documents by the close of the application period will result in ineligibility of the application, i.e., automatic exclusion of the applicant.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Before starting the MMEG application process, please scan the following documents in digital form (pdf preferred, jpeg or png):
- Identification (ID) card with photo:
- (a) national passport page with photo and date of birth, if studying outside your home country, or
- (b) government/university-issued identity card with photo and birth date;
- Most recent proof of official registration from university (not an acceptance letter);
- Most recent official university transcripts and/or reports
- Visa page or study permit page within current passport (if studying outside home country);
- Second passport page with clear photo (in case of dual citizenship).
You will be asked to upload these documents at specific points in the on-line application form. You will also provide:
- Brief paragraphs describing your personal story, and how your studies, experiences, and future plans are linked to your commitment to women and children in developing countries;
- An estimate of your financial situation, including living expenses, for the coming academic year, and planned strategies to cover funding needs;
- A summary of your thesis (if applicable), including its objective, methodology, and findings, and relationship to career goals.
|SEE ALSO: Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Junior Professionals Program 2023|
Two reference letters are required.
- One referee must be a faculty member from your current university. The second referee may be a person (non-family member) who can vouch for your character. At least one of the individuals must have known you for the equivalent of at least two semesters.
- Please contact two people from whom you would like to request a reference letter. After receiving their confirmation, you will be asked to provide in the application form: the email addresses of the two people providing references. They will each receive an email link from the Embark online platform to write their recommendation. When their recommendations are submitted, you will be notified by Embark.
How to Apply
Go to Margaret McNamara Educational Grants (MMEG) on www.mmeg.org to apply
Remember to read the Application Checklist & FAQs before applying, and select the “Africa program” in the first question of the application. If the program name does not appear, the program may be closed to new applications.
|⭐ Apply Next: NYFF Young Leaders Development Funds 2023|
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.