|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Fellowships for Africans (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Mar 12, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The Mawazo Fellowship Programme is a 15-month, non-residential fellowship where Mawazo Fellows participate in a virtual training programme that features professional development courses designed by the Mawazo Institute hosted on our Mawazo Learning Exchange (MLEx) e-learning platform.
In 2023, the Mawazo Fellowship Programme will support up to forty (40) women across Africa. While all eligible PhD students are more than welcome to apply, we encourage applications from those working in the following thematic areas:
- Agriculture and Food Security
- Business, Trade, and the Economy
- Climate Change, Natural Resources, and the Environment
- Education and Pedagogy
- Energy and Engineering
- Gender, Rights, and Governance
- Information and Technology
- Life and Health Sciences
- Mathematical and Physical Sciences
|SEE ALSO: Leakey Foundation 2023 Baldwin Fellowship Program for Developing Countries|
This programme supports African women PhD students from across the continent working on emerging development issues and provides them with (1) virtual, on-demand training, (2) mentorship, and (3) access to funding that supports research activities, conference travel, research translation, and cross-sector collaborations.
- Be a woman (woman/women include cisgender women and transgender women. We also welcome Assigned Female at Birth (AFAB) non-binary, AFAB gender non-conforming, other AFAB genderqueer individuals, who have historically been excluded from decision-making spaces)
- Be a citizen of an African country
- Have good command of written and spoken English
- Be enrolled for their PhD at an accredited university in an African country
- Have completed their course work (if applicable) and passed their departmental or graduate school proposal defence (i.e., in the dissertation/thesis phase of their PhD)
- Demonstrate that their PhD research is related to African development and is relevant to a global, regional, national or subnational policy priority
- Demonstrate that they have a “Big Idea” to transform Africa through their research (By ‘Big Idea’ we mean an innovative research-based solution to help address Africa’s emerging societal challenges)
- Demonstrate potential for leadership both within and outside academia, and a strong passion to leverage their expertise for impact in society
- Be available to fully participate in the programme in 2023-2024
Benefits of Mawazo Institute Mawazo Fellowship Programme
Mawazo Fellows will receive the following benefits:
- Participation in Mawazo’s in-house virtual training and professional development programme, offered through the Mawazo Learning Exchange (MLEx) e-learning platform
- Connections to expert and peer mentors through a structured mentorship programme, as well as exposure to leaders from academia, industry, government and other sectors
- Funding for research activities with access to grants worth up to US$2,500
- A stipend worth $500 for discretionary use
- Data bundles worth $150 to help access the MLEx platform
- Research and editorial support from the Mawazo team and our partners
- Visibility via Mawazo Voices, our public policy and engagement, strategic communications, and strategic partnerships programme.
|SEE ALSO: Sainsbury Institute 2023 Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Fellowships|
Documents Required for Application
- A completed online application form
- A current 2-page CV
- A letter confirming current enrolment in an accredited PhD programme
- A letter confirming that you have completed your course work (if applicable) and passed your departmental defence
- A recommendation letter from your PhD supervisor
- A recommendation letter from a second referee
Visit the OFFICIAL PAGE for further information. DROP COMMENTS for questions/suggestions.
|⭐ Apply Next: Leventis Fellowship at SOAS, University of London For Nigerian Academics 2022|
AD PACKAGES: Push your business to the face of over 8,000 people from as little as #1,000.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.