|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In General Competitions for Everyone (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Jun 30, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The Global Citizenship Challenge is a unique competition for change-makers to showcase how they are helping their communities. With the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a reference framework for global issues and a call to action when defining your Act of Global Citizenship, a simple act can mean the world!
Since its ratification in 2015, the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) have become the hallmark of sustainable development in the modern era. In order to achieve these goals by 2030, however, organizations, governments, individuals, and civil society must engage with the SDGs beyond business-as-usual practices, and that’s where the ‘Acts of Global Citizenship‘ come in!
|SEE ALSO: D-Prize Challenge 2023 for Social Entrepreneurs to fight Poverty ($USD 20,000)|
The competition is open to changemakers all over the world.
The myriad characteristics of an Act of Global Citizenship:
- Keep it Simple: Any one person should be able to lead an Act of Global Citizenship.
- Drive your Passion: Powerful Acts of Global Citizenship connect individual passion with motivation to drive social change.
- Leverage your unique asset(s): If you use your strength(s) and skill set to drive the change you want to see, your Act of Global Citizenship will become a piece of cake!
- Stay Local: Connect your Act of Global Citizenship with a community you already know.
- Think Global: Keep an eye on what global perspectives can add to the local picture … and add that ‘Global Citizenship’ spice to your act.
- Be realistic: Acts of Global Citizenship can take two hours, two days, or even two months. It’s up to you – and the people you want to engage.
- Get Creative: From starting a tough conversation with friends and family to launching a recycling petition at work – You decide which shape your Act of Global Citizenship should take.
- Take one step at a time: Acts of Global Citizenship further the Goals of Sustainable Development, no matter how small – whether it’s a family member or friend becoming more gender-sensitive, or your company changing its policy on sustainability.
- Spread the word: Tell organisers and others about what you did, why, and how – only then will your ‘Act’ inspire others, locally as well as globally.
Benefits of Melton Foundation Global Citizenship Challenge
- The top 10 Acts will be invited to showcase their Acts in a live event, and top 3 Acts of the Global Citizenship Challenge will receive cash prizes.
- Winners will also have access to internships, networking opportuities, and online showcases to further develop their acts of Global Citizenship and make a positive impact on the world.
|SEE ALSO: UM6P/Sothema Africa MedTech Challenge for African Entrepreneurs 2023|
How to Apply
In this challenge, participants can compete to win by completing two crucial steps as shown below:
- Step 1: Use the submission form to send all the information about your ‘Act of Global Citizenship’, this could be a small act of social good that you have completed recently.
- Step 2: The ‘Global Citizenship Challenge’ has its focal point on building a movement for good ‘online’. So to qualify to compete, once you have completed step 1, share your ‘Act of Global Citizenship’ on social media! There are a few things to keep in mind while sharing your Act on social media:
- Tag the Melton Foundation in your posts. They are on LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook!
- Add the following hashtags to your social media feature of your Act of Global Citizenship
- Note: Step 2 is complete only once the Melton Foundation has acknowledged your social media feature – so feel free to message them until they do!
- Step 3: Sit back and wait for them to invite you among the Top 10 participants, to showcase and pitch your ‘Act of Global Citizenship’ and take home the prize money, career opportunities, and more!
Visit the OFFICIAL PAGE for further information. DROP COMMENTS for questions/suggestions
|⭐ Apply Next: GIST Catalyst Women in Climate Pitch Competition 2023|
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.