|👤 For (Open to): Undergraduates|
|🕡 Deadline: Jul 21, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|📋 Category: Scholarships|
|📌 RSS Feed: Subscribe to Scholarships|
|❓ Help: Chat with an Agent|
|TELL US ABOUT AN OPPORTUNITY 📝|
The MTN Scholarship Scheme is an annual scholarship award that seeks to recognize and reward qualified high performing students. It is made up of the MTN Science and Technology Scholarship Scheme (MTN STSS) and the MTN Scholarship Scheme for Blind Students (MTN SSBS). Both Scholarships under the Youth Empowerment Cause, are currently in their 9th and 7th phase respectively.
The MTN Foundation Scholarship Program aims to attract high-performing, full-time students from public tertiary institutions (universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education ) in Nigeria.
The scholarship provides financial assistane to students who would otherwise not be able to pay for their higher education and aims to recognize and reward academic excellence.
|SEE ALSO: Gani Fawehinmi Undergraduate Scholarship in Nigeria 2021|
Eligible Fields of Study
The MTN Foundation scholarship award is available to full-time students in their 300 level. Only applications from students studying any of the following courses will be considered:
- Agric. Extension and Rural Development
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Production and Health
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Applied Physics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer and Electronics
- Computer and Information Science
- Computer and Mathematics
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Technology
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Industrial Mathematics
- Industrial Physics
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Physics Electronics
- Physics/ Computational Modeling
- Pure/ Applied Physics
- Statistics and Computer Science
- System Engineering
|SEE ALSO: Solve Education! Learning Program 2021 | Free Data and Scholarships|
Over 500 MTN Scholars are selected each year to receive this N200,000 scholarship. This will cover tuition fee, accommodation, and book allowance. it is renewable provided the scholar maintains a CGPA of 3.5 or its equivalent.
You’re Also enrolled into the MTN Foundation Alumni, where Scholars are close to getting a job from MTN and continuing their careers in the desired field chosen by MTN.
Eligibility for Applicants
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education in Nigeria must be full-time undergraduates in 300 level/3rd years.
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1)
- Applicants from public Polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) programme and must have secured admission into the Higher National Diploma programme (HND).
- Direct entry-level students must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the OND programme and must have secured admission into 300 level/3rd years in a public University.
|SEE ALSO: NITDA Masters and Doctoral Scholarship 2021/2022 for Nigerians|
Applicants’ details will be verified and shortlisted candidates will be invited for an assessment test. They will be required to come with 2 recent passport photographs as well as the original and photocopy of the following documents:
- The valid Student ID card
- Any other means of identification (National ID card, International passport or Driver’s license)
- Admission letter from JAMB and institution of study
- Admission letter for the HND programs (For Polytechnic students only)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply via the button below.
|⭐ Apply Next: University of Oxford Executive MBA Director’s Awards 2022|
Subscribe below to receive our recommended opportunities every Monday.
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
|OTHER OPPORTUNITIES & DEADLINES:|