|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Awards & Prizes for Nigerians, Startups (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Jan 15, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), in keeping with its strategic intent as encapsulated in the National Digital Economy Policy and Strategy (NDEPS 2020-2030) pillar 8 “Indigenous Content Development and Adoption” is committed to promoting innovation for the sustainability and continuous development of the Nigerian Communications Industry.
Pursuant to this, the Commission hereby invites Startups, Tech Hubs, Investors and the ICT ecosystem to participate in the third edition of the Annual Innovation Competition with the theme “Utilizing Indigenous Digital Solutions to Bridge the Digital Divide.”
The ICT Innovation Competition will be a medium for showcasing talents and innovations in ICT ecosystem. This is aimed at motivating and encouraging Nigerian youths to engage in innovative developments for the telecoms industry and improve the nation’s ability to compete in the global economy.
In addition, the Competition is designed to promote indigenous solutions to bridge the digital divide. The objective is to assemble Tech Hubs and Techpreneurs with solutions in respect of the theme to showcase their innovations and solutions.
Prospective Technology Hubs and Startups entering the competition are required to submit proposals that meet the following criteria for consideration:
- The project should have a clear relevance to ICT/Telecommunication industry.
- Interested participants should be duly registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Proof of concept (feasibility of idea with diagram, algorithm, etc.).
- Novelty of the project.
- The pitch idea should demonstrate clear commercial sustainability and profitability framework.
- Team diversity and indigenous capacity to develop and support the solution.
Benefits of NCC Annual Innovation Competition
- The Tech Hubs and Startups with the best three Innovative prototypes will be awarded cash Prizes of N2 million, N1.5 million and N1 million, respectively. Consolation prizes will be given to the other competitors.
- Accommodation will be provided for the competitors for four (4) nights.
- 9th to 15th Jan 2023 – Applications open online
- 23rd Jan 2023 – Shortlisted Tech Hubs and Startups announced
- 6th Feb. 2023 – Shortlisted Tech Hubs and Startups arrive DBI, Oshodi, Lagos Campus for a 2 day pinch
- 7th to 8th Feb. 2023 – A 2-day pinch/cxhibition and grading of constants by Panel of Judges at Digital Bridge Institute in Lagos
- 9th Feb 2023 – Award of pries/Closing ceremony
Documents Required for Application
- 4 page Executive Summary of the project concept
- 5-7 minutes video of the pilot project
- Names, contact details, passport photos and profile of all Team members.
How to Apply
- All applications should be ONLINE.
- There is no cost to enter the competition and you will retain full control and ownership of your technology.
- Each Team will register and submit the following documentation:
(a) 4 page Executive Summary of the project concept
(b) 5-7 minutes video of the pilot project
(b) Names, contact details, passport photos and profile of all Team members.
(c) Website (if available)
|⭐ Apply Next: Watson Little X Indie Novella Prize 2023|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.