> Check your mailbox or spam to confirm.
|🆕 New: Find more General Competitions at Latestopportunities.com|
|🕡 Deadline: Aug 31, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
The 8th Africa Energy Innovation Challenge organized by NEF challenges early-stage energy entrepreneurs across Africa to collaborate with local research institutions or industries to develop a prototype model of a key device/equipment for a social energy enterprise, agri-business, fintech solutions or energy management system using local resources.
Proposals are invited across four innovation tracks for early-stage energy entrepreneurs from Africa, including:
- Track 1: Clean Energy Solutions for Agro-industry
- Track 2: Energizing Healthcare & Education
- Track 3: Smart Metering & Artificial Intelligence
- Track 4: Cleaner Electrification of Transport/Oil&Gas
|SEE ALSO: Mastercard Foundation 2023 AgroHack Challenge (Up to 1million Naira)|
- Young professionals between the ages of 18 and 35 years from Africa are invited to participate in the competition across any of the four (4) innovation tracks above.
- Applications may be submitted by a team of at least three people. Teams may be formed across different schools, institutions, companies, countries etc.
- Individuals or teams may submit multiple applications.
- Women-led teams are strongly encouraged to apply
Benefits of NEF Africa Energy Innovation Challenge
The finalists and winners will be selected by an independent panel of industry experts and experienced development professionals from public and private sector institutions. It is anticipated that at least 1 winner per track will be awarded grant prizes with up to 20 shortlisted entries offered complimentary passes to fully participate in the 2023. Winners of the competition get the opportunity to:
- Receive cash prize grants of up to USD10,000 to demonstrate or scale the proposed solution;
- Pitch their proposed prototype model at the 2023 Nigeria Energy Forum, using a poster and short video;
- Benefit from unique networking opportunities with other young professionals as well as some of the most senior decision-makers in government, international development, academia and the private sector; &
- Attend business development workshops, receive support from a dedicated start-up incubator.
The first round of submissions will be evaluated using the following attributes:
- Local Content: utilize local resources, demonstrate use of local expertise, alternative energy services or efficient solutions for powering agriculture, education, healthcare, industries etc.; and be significant
enough to impact large numbers of people, households and/or businesses.
- Originality and creativity: present solutions that are original, creative in areas that are either underdeveloped or severely underdeveloped in research and literature.
- Commercial Viability: proposed prototype model should be realistic, practical rather than just theory, cost efficient and outline commercial arrangements that address obvious roadblocks, using a specific prototype model.
- Clarity: ideas should be presented in a clear and concise manner with realistic completion timeline.
|SEE ALSO: INGSA-LAC 2023 Annual Essay Competition (Up to USD $300)|
How to Apply
Your proposed prototype model submission must not exceed 1- side of an A4 page and should include the following:
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
- Project Title Your solution (250 words)
- Innovation Track Expected impact (50 words)
- Short abstract (50 words)
- Design tools and method (50 words)
- Problem Statement (50 words)
- Estimated costs and timeline (50 words)
|⭐ Apply Next: Future for Religious Heritage (FRH) 2023 Photo Competition|
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.