|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Awards & Prizes for Everyone, Writers & Poets (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Dec 25, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The New Media Writing Prize 2022 is now accepting applications. The New Media Writing Prize (NMWP) honors innovative and fascinating stories and poetry that use a range of formats, platforms, and digital media to tell their stories. This is the 13th year of this international event.
The NMWP fosters and promotes the best in new media writing, and it is paving the way for the ‘written’ word and storytelling in the future. From all around the world, the NMWP has received entries from the brightest and most innovative writers in the industry.
We are looking for good storytelling (fiction or non-fiction) written specifically for delivery and reading/viewing on a PC or Mac, the web, or a hand-held device such as an iPad or mobile phone. It could be a short story, novel, poem, narrative game, documentary, or transmedia work using words, images, film or animation with audience interaction. Interactivity is a key element of new-media storytelling.
|SEE ALSO: Punocracy 2022 Prize for Young Writers in Nigeria|
We are looking for creativity, so try to be imaginative to create an engaging story i.e. combining any number of media elements, such as words on a screen combined with images and video clips. New media writing can be created using a variety of tools i.e. a word processor, DV camera, social networking tools (i.e. Twitter), mobile phone/s, a scanner, Augmented Reality software – anything goes!
Criteria for all the categories:
Innovative use of new (digital) media/transmedia to create an engaging, satisfying fictional or non-fictional narrative, poem, or other story form.
Ease of accessibility for the reader/viewer.
Effective use of interactive elements.
A great example of how new media can do things traditional media can’t.
The potential to reach out to a wide audience (i.e. not just specialist interest groups).
NB All entries in all categories must be in English.
Anyone can apply!
Whether you’re a student, a professional, an artist, a writer, a developer, a designer or an enthusiast, the competition is open to all. It’s also an international competition, open to all outside the UK. Entries do need to be in English.
- The Chris Meade Memorial UK New Media Writing Prize: £1000 donated by if:book UK/Chris Meade, where the winner may also be a student, i.e., satisfies point d. of clause 7.
- The Student Award: TBD
- The Opening Up Award: £500
- The Digital Journalism Award: £500 and a year’s FIPP membership
|SEE ALSO: Orna Ross Green Stories Novel Prize 2022|
How to Apply
Go to New Media Writing Prize on newmediawritingprize.co.uk to apply
Each entry for any of our Prizes should be submitted via the online form.
Each entry should contain an active URL for the judges to access your work. However, if your entry is for viewing on a mobile phone, wearable, or other electronic device, please provide clear instructions on how to view your piece.
Each entry should contain the following information within the text of the entry form:
- Title of the work; clear access details, including, eg, URL, download instructions, app access code if required (if an access code is needed for an app, we require 6 free codes, for the judges)
- Entrant’s contact details: name, email address, telephone number and postal address. For joint entries, all entrants’ contact details must be provided with identification of the main entrant for contact purposes;
- Entrant’s short autobiography (50-100 words). For joint entries, all entrants must provide their autobiographies.
- Entrants who wish to submit as students must provide a proof of identity which should be copied into the entry form in the short biography section, e.g. a scan copy of entrant’s Student Union ID card or university enrolment number, which will be authenticated at the organiser’s discretion.
For FAQ, click here
|⭐ Apply Next: AfriLabs Africa Youth SDG innovation Award 2023|
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.