The Newton Fund in collaboration with the Royal Society is pleased to announce the commencement of the fellowship scheme which is to provide international researchers with the opportunity of developing their research capacities and strength through training, collaboration and reciprocal visits with a partner in the United Kingdom.
The skills and knowledge that will be gained from the fellowship will be harnessed for the wellbeing of the communities as well as used to increase the economic benefits of the society. The award is currently available for early career group leaders or researchers to develop their research linking them with some of the best research groups in the UK.
|SEE ALSO: 2021 Nasser International Leadership Fellowship For Young Leaders
To be eligible for the Newton International Fellowships for Early Career Scientists 2021, applicants must meet the following criteria:
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Group here.
- Applicants must have obtained relevant doctoral degree or will have a PhD by the time the funding starts.
- Applicants must no more than 7 years of active full time postdoctoral experience at the time of application.
- Applicants must hold a permanent or fixed-term contract in an eligible university or research institute which must span the duration of the project.
- Must be working outside the UK
- Not hold a UK citizenship
- Be competent in oral and written English
- Have a clearly defined and mutually-beneficial research proposal agreed with a UK host scientist.
|SEE ALSO: 2021 ElectHER Future Lawmakers Programme For Interested Nigerians
- Subsistence, at a fixed rate of £24,000 per annum.
- Research expenses
- Relocation expenses
- Contribution to visa costs
- Contribution to overheads at UK Host organization.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the Newton International Fellowships 2021 are to ensure that they submit their application online. Applications for the natural and physical sciences should be submitted through the Royal Society’s grants management system Flexi-Grant®.
Applications for the humanities and social sciences should be made to the British Academy.
Begin your Registration
Have you read the instructions above carefully? Great. Now, below is the registration button, and the official page link for more info. Good luck.
Support & InsightsDo you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.