|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Awards & Prizes for Post Graduates, Researchers (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Jul 25, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The Nigerian Academy of Science (NAS) is now accepting nominations for its Gold Medal Prize. The Gold Medal Prize was instituted by the Nigerian Academy of Science (NAS) in 2016, to be awarded to deserving Nigerian scientists who have made significant achievements in the science of national relevance and global resonance.
The award is made annually, alternating between the Life and Physical Sciences, and consist of a Medal, a Certificate and a Purse.
The 2021 award will be made in the Life Sciences.
|SEE ALSO: University of Oxford Executive MBA Director’s Awards 2022|
- The award is open to all Nigerian citizens within or outside the country (other than Fellows of the Nigerian Academy of Science);
- Any Nigerian citizen, including Fellows of the Nigerian Academy of Science, may nominate candidates;
- Each nomination must be made by at least two persons, one of whom is identified as the corresponding nominator whose biodata must accompany the nomination;
- Nominations shall be made strictly according to the nomination format prescribed below, submitting only one nomination form per person (the nomination format may be downloaded from NAS website)
- In addition to submitting the completed nomination form signed by the candidate and nominators, nominations must be accompanied by:
- A two-page curriculum vitae of nominee
- A complete list of candidate’s main publications
- Copies of 10 of the most important publications
- The prize is open to be awarded to a single individual or as a joint prize arising from the work of more than one person in the same fields of life sciences.
|SEE ALSO: 2021 World Summit Award (WSA) For Young Digital Entrepreneurs|
Selection will be guided by the following criteria:
- Candidates must have received a doctoral degree or its equivalent
- Active involvement in the field of research in the Life Sciences
- Scientific excellence demonstrated through published works, patents, innovations, intellectual property rights of merit;
- Upright morality;
- Contribution to excellence in basic/fundamental or applied research, for work done predominantly in Nigeria with international resonance and potential applicability to the global community;
- Outstanding, original, groundbreaking achievements, widely accepted to contribute to the promotion and improvement of the human condition through the application of science.
|SEE ALSO: United Nations Equator Prize for Sustainable Development 2021|
How to Nominate
Interested and qualified candidates should download, fill and send their Nomination Form with the necessary documents listed below in PDF format to: email@example.com using “Entry for NAS Gold Medal Prize 2021” as the subject of the email.
Checklist of Submissions
- Completed and signed nomination form
- Curriculum vitae of candidate (2 pages maximum)
- Copies of 10 most important publications
- Complete list of candidate’s publications
- Brief biodata of the corresponding nominator
Important Information and Notice
- Paper nominations will not be accepted.
- A nomination is not considered fully submitted until the corresponding nominator receives a confirmation e-mail from NAS; confirmation will be sent within 5 business days of receiving a nomination.
- Nominations must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than the 25th of July, 2021.
- The public announcement of a winner or winners will be made in October 2021, and the prize-giving ceremony will take place in January 2022.
|⭐ Apply Next: Punocracy 2022 Prize for Young Writers in Nigeria|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.