|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Post-Graduate Programs for Researchers (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: May 01, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The Nordic Africa Institute conducts research and offers resources that help further understanding about contemporary Africa. We believe that research-based knowledge and analysis offer a solid base for informed decisions and contribute to the fulfilment of the global development agenda.
The purpose of the Guest Researchers’ Scholarship Programme is to provide opportunities for postdoctoral researchers in Africa to pursue their own research projects, thereby indirectly strengthening the academic milieux in African countries. The scholarship offers access to the Institute’s library and other resources that provide for a stimulating research environment. Through the programme, the Nordic Africa Institute can establish and maintain relations with and between African and Nordic research communities.
|SEE ALSO: IMU-Simons African Fellowship Program in Mathematical Research 2022|
- The Nordic Africa Institute Guest Researchers’ Scholarship programme is directed at postdoctoral researchers based in Africa and engaged in Africa-oriented research within the discipline of Social Sciences and Humanities.
- The applicant should be affiliated to an African university/research center and have a proven track record of extensive research experience.
- The Institute strives to achieve a fair distribution of scholarship positions in regards to gender and geographic focus.
- The Nordic Africa Institute Guest Researchers’ Scholarship includes a return air-fare (economy class), accommodation, a subsistence allowance of 400 SEK (approx. 42 USD) per day plus an installation grant of 2,500 SEK (approx. 260 USD) and access to a workspace, including a desk computer, in a shared office at the Institute. Please note that the subsistence allowance will be provided only for the days spent in Uppsala.
- The Institute’s library is specialized in literature on contemporary Africa and focuses on Social Sciences. Furthermore, Guest Researchers have access to the Uppsala University Library and to the Library of the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences.
- Guest Researchers have the possibility to present their research at the Nordic Africa Institute and to visit other institutions in the Nordic countries.
Duration of Program
- The maximum duration of the stay is 90 days, minimum is 60 days.
|SEE ALSO: Harvard University Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Program 2022-23|
Documents Required for Application
- Up-to-date CV, including list of publications (if available online, please include links)
- Outline of research project, 5 pages:
- A well elaborated research proposal
- A work plan, including expected results, specific for the time spent at the Institute
- Reference: A signed letter of support from the applicant’s Head of Department or other senior scholar in the same field, which confirms current work place/affiliation and field of research
How to Apply
Interested candidates should go to Nordic Africa Institute on web103.reachmee.com to apply.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered. Persons currently or previously employed by or otherwise professionally affiliated with the Nordic Africa Institute are not eligible for scholarships. Kindly also note that the application must be in English. In the extraordinary event that the Scholarship Programme for 2023 does not receive full funding, applicants will be informed immediately.It is also possible to apply through regular postal service. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
|⭐ Apply Next: Spanish Government 2023 MAEC-AECID Scholarship for Developing Countries|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.