|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Awards & Prizes for Africans (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Sep 30, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The 2022 ONE Africa Award will recognize Africa-driven and Africa-led advocacy efforts that have demonstrated success at the community, national or regional level. The US$100,000 award will recognize innovative African initiatives to fight extreme poverty and incentivize more of such efforts.
The $100,000 award will bring recognition to innovative African efforts to fight poverty and will incentivize more of such efforts. The award may be split into two prizes in order to award two smaller organizations better able to absorb a smaller monetary award.
|SEE ALSO: Melton Foundation SDG Innovation Challenge for African Entrepreneurs 2022|
- Civil society organisations, non-governmental organisations and other groups based in Africa that have demonstrated commitment and success in advocacy to promote the attainment of one or more of the SDGs are invited to apply.
- Qualified recipients may be engaged in direct services to achieve any of the SDGs, but must demonstrate a strong advocacy component integral to the delivery and success of their programs. Qualified recipients may be advocacy/pressure groups and think tanks engaged in governance activities, such as the monitoring of flows of resources and/or holding governments accountable to commitments to SDG attainment.
- Qualified recipients may be advocacy/pressure groups and think tanks engaged in governance activities such as the monitoring of flows of resources and/or holding governments accountable to commitments to MDG attainment.
The award recognizes, rewards and advances the exceptional work of organizations founded by Africans and based in Africa, dedicated to advancing development goals in Africa.
Organizations will be graded in five categories and will be awarded between 1-10 points in each of these categories:
- Extent to which the organization has designed and implemented an innovative advocacy program that employs entrepreneurial and sustainable approaches to impact in a given sector(s).
- Ability to demonstrate and communicate specific indicators of progress and impact linking work to a given sector(s) in a clear results-oriented framework.
- Demonstration of the ability to replicate efforts of the organization to scale interventions.
- Demonstration of strong internal and constituency accountability mechanisms (for example, community leadership consultations and involvement in programs to demonstrate that interventions are relevant to the majority of the poor in the target community and empowers them in a sustainable way) along with transparency of operations.
- Extent to which the organization has employed creative partnerships to achieve its goal(s) and ensure coordination with other development actors. These partnerships may include public and/or private sector players.
|SEE ALSO: JPMorgan Chase Code for Good Africa Challenge for Young Africans 2022|
How to Apply
Go to ONE on www.one.org to apply
Please send your completed application to:
First Floor, Sedgwick House, 19 Muswell Road, Bryanston, Sandton, 2021 South Africa
Or via email to: email@example.com
For more details, visit ONE Champions website.
|⭐ Apply Next: Watson Little X Indie Novella Prize 2023|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.