|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Internships / Graduate Trainee Progs. for Graduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Sep 19, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
Plan International was founded over 75 years ago with a mission to promote and protect the rights of children. The organisation was set up by British journalist John Langdon-Davies and refugee worker Eric Muggeridge in 1937, with the original aim to provide food, accommodation and eduation to children whose lives had been disrupted by the Spanish Civil War.
Who We Are We work with communities around the world to end the cycle of poverty for children. We work with communities around the world to end the cycle of poverty for children.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the Graduate Internship Programme at Plan International.
- The internship programme in Plan International Nigeria provides on-the-job training in program management, research and data gathering skills, communication, people skills, and work ethics.
- It enhances experience through practical and guided hands-on exposure and involvement in Plan Nigeria’s development projects as well as providing exposure to the working environment of a multilateral organization and a better understanding of Plan Nigeria’s goals and activities.
Dimension of the Role
- Support the project management and technical work which includes; the development of work plans, stakeholder engagement, documentation, monitoring, research, and other project implementation activities.
|SEE ALSO: Bank of America 2023 Johannesburg Winter Internship Program|
- Support all Country Programs especially health programs Leads in project implementation.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator, the intern is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Facilitate and monitor the distribution of commodities and documentation.
- Support project coordination and monitor implementation.
- Support development of work plans, budgets and reports.
- Liaise with the Health Facilities in documenting outreach schedules, commodity forecast and delivery to facilities, outreach centers/sites, as per the project design.
- Prepare draft activity and monthly project reports, and contribute to the quarterly narrative reports.
- Participate in project research processes.
- Support and ensure a cordial working relationship with the relevant stakeholders.
- Provide support to country office programmes
- Assume any other responsibility as assigned by the project coordinator.
Administration and Finance:
- Support to ensure that all finance policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Participate in budget preparation, forecasts and spend are in line with plans.
- Ensure to use of procedures and relevant protocols of Plan International Nigeria that are necessary for carrying out the project activities.
- Support the timely and appropriate use of all procurement and logistics infrastructure for the effective implementation of project activities.
- This job description is not all-inclusive and the intern will also perform other related tasks as required and be responsible for reporting and communicating of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task
- Conduct all duties in a professional manner following Plan International Nigeria staff regulations, values and codes of conduct.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University Education and less than 2 years post NYSC working experience in social development, health-related, international relations any other relevant course.
- A history of productive involvement with local partners, including government, traditional leadership, and civil society.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, collaboration experience, creativity and willingness to innovate.
- Experience drafting project reporting and monitoring project progress.
- Good written and spoken English language skills.
|SEE ALSO: Sydani Fellowship Program for Nigerian Graduates 2022|
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent ability to communicate and maintain diplomatic and productive relations with the team; resourcefulness, flexibility and ability to work in a changing and challenging environment.
- Internet proficiency, as well as proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within the team and with stakeholders,
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour.
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity.
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organisational development.
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Strong commitment to continuous learning.
- Flexible with a ‘can-do’ and problem-solving approach.
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|⭐ Apply Next: Shell Nigeria 2023 Student Industrial Training and Internship Program|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.