|👤 Eligibility: In Fellowships for Africans, Professionals (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Aug 31, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The IUSSP Scientific Panel on Population Perspectives and Demographic Methods to Strengthen Civil Registration and Vital Statistics Systems, jointly with the Institute on Inequalities in Global Health (USC IIGH), University of Southern California (United States), Wits Institute for Social and Economic Research (WiSER), University of Witwatersrand (South Africa) and Initiative for Social and Economic Rights (ISER) (Uganda), is issuing a global call for applications to host 3 early career research/practitioner professionals for a 12-month period. The official fellowship period will run from February 2023 to January 2024.
|SEE ALSO: Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice (Kroc IPJ) 2022 Women PeaceMakers Fellowship Program|
The Fellowship requires a full-time commitment during a 12-month residence period — Fellows will be hosted for 6-months at WiSER, Johannesburg and 6-months at ISER, Uganda (fellowship extension beyond 12-months is subject to available funding). The Fellowship Program will include support for individual and group research projects, interactive dialogues, seminars and research/practitioner workshops that seek to unpack interdisciplinary perspectives with a particular focus on emerging challenges in low- and middle-income countries. Fellows will be supported by the IUSSP Scientific Panel and the partner institutions WiSER (South Africa), ISER (Uganda), and IIGH (United States).
The program is designed for exceptional early career professionals, scholars, and others with an interest in population register systems who:
Possess the skills and commitment to use the fellowship experience to provide leadership in improving Emerging Ethics and Human Rights Issues in the Digitization of Population Register Systems at the global, national or local level;
Bring a depth of expertise and knowledge about the ethics and/or rights issues embedded in the digitization of population register systems.
- Expected Outputs: a series of scholarly/practitioner articles and general audience mini-essays over the course of the 12-month fellowship
- Educational Requirements: Either a completed PhD or at least 3-years professional experience in the field of legal identity, global health, human rights, population studies or related fields such as social sciences, law, and public policy.
- Language Requirements: professional competence in English
Fellows will receive a 12-month stipend, travel support to/from their location of residence and between Johannesburg and Kampala.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to International Union for the Scientific Study of Population (IUSSP) on iussp.org to apply
Interested individuals are encouraged to apply, by completing the online application form by 31 August at the very latest.
|SEE ALSO: Leventis Fellowship at SOAS, University of London For Nigerian Academics 2022|
The form requires:
- filling out the basic information in the form.
- listing the names and contact details of at least 2 professional/academic references.
- uploading of a short cover letter (2 pages, in pdf), briefly describing your professional achievements in relation with the fellowship as well what inspired you to apply. [Kindly use the following file naming convention: “LASTNAME-firstname-CoverLetter” e.g. SMITH-Lynda-CoverLetter.pdf]
- uploading of a curriculum vitae (in pdf) [Naming the file:”LASTNAME-firstname-CV” e.g. SMITH-Michael-CV.pdf]
- uploading a short description of the research project you wish to undertake (Project Title, Abstract, Background, Objectives, Methods, Funding…) “LASTNAME-firstname-ResearchProject” e.g. SMITH-Fatima-ResearchProject.doc ]
Please read the instructions provided in the full PDF Call for Applications (above) and prepare your application materials beforehand to be able to copy-paste into the online application form. Information must be submitted in English.
The application form can be edited after completion until the 31 August deadline (loging in to the form using the same email).
|⭐ Apply Next: IMF 2022 Youth Fellowship Program for Young People Worldwide|
PROMO ENDS SOON: WhatsApp Automation FullStack Course
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.