|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Essay Contests & Prizes for Everyone (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Jun 30, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The Royal Commonwealth Society is now accepting submission for the 2021 edition of the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition. The competition is open to all citizens and residents of the Commonwealth aged 18 and under.
The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition is the world’s oldest schools’ international writing competition, managed by The Royal Commonwealth Society since 1883. Every year, it offers all Commonwealth youth aged 18 and under the opportunity to express their hopes for the future, opinions of the present, and thoughts on the past, through the written word.
The competition is used by individuals and teachers to build confidence, develop writing skills, support creativity and encourage critical thinking, using literacy to empower young people to become global citizens.
|SEE ALSO: Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) National Essay Competition 2021|
For 2021 the Competition theme is Community in the Commonwealth. With the global spread of COVID-19, we’ve seen the lives of many Commonwealth citizens affected. However, through adversity, societies came together and stories of growth, community and hope continue to emerge.
Each year, aspiring young writers are asked to submit their pieces in response to a theme. Recent themes have included
- Climate Action in the Commonwealth (2020),
- A Connected Commonwealth (2019)
- Towards a Common Future (2018)
- A Commonwealth for Peace (2017)
- An Inclusive Commonwealth’ (2016);
…drawing out innovative ideas for positive change and encouraging entrants to consider new perspectives. The theme is rooted in Commonwealth values, providing an interesting introduction to the network and allowing young people to explore their own connection to the Commonwealth, whilst fostering an empathetic and open-minded worldview.
|SEE ALSO: Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN) @50 2021 Essay Competition for Undergraduates|
Born between July 1, 2002 and June 30, 2007 (14-18 years of age)
- Discuss the following: “The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members.” – Coretta Scott King
- Keeping connected through COVID-19. It’s been 30 years since the end of the COVID-19 pandemic, what does the world look like
- Imagine you are the Head of a Commonwealth nation heavily affected by COVID-19 and giving a national address at the end of the pandemic. What would you say to your community?
Born on or after 1 July 2007 (under 14 years of age)
- The year is 2050 and you’ve been asked to write about the coronavirus pandemic for a museum. What story would you tell?
- Tell a story of how you, or someone you know, helped others during the pandemic.
- ‘We will be with our friends again. We will be with our families
again. We will meet again’ – HM Queen Elizabeth II
After the pandemic, you are seeing a friend for the first time. What new hobbies would you share with them?
- What did you miss most during the pandemic?
|SEE ALSO: Immerse Cambridge & Oxford Summer School Essay Competition|
- Open to nationals and residents of all Commonwealth countries and territories aged 18 and under are eligible to enter the competition, including entrants from Nigeria, Zimbabwe etc.
- All entries must be written in English
- Entries are accepted from residents of non-Commonwealth countries who submit through their local RCS branch.
- Entrants can be presented in any form/method of creative writing. Pictures/Illustrations are particularly encouraged in the Junior Category.
- One winner and runner-up will be chosen from each category.
- Winners and runners-up will be brought to London for a week of educational and cultural events, culminating in a special Awards Ceremony.
- A number of Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards will be given in both the Senior and Junior categories, rewarding excellence in writing.
- All successful entries will receive a Certificate of Participation
|SEE ALSO: Consolidated Hallmark Insurance Annual Essay Competition 2021|
How to Submit
At the end of the online submission process, you will receive a notice that your entry has been successfully submitted. This notice will contain a unique identification number, which will also be emailed to your nominated email address. If you are encountering difficulties, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Visit the OFFICIAL PAGE for further information. DROP COMMENTS for questions/suggestions.
|⭐ Apply Next: WTO 2023 Essay Award for Young Economists|
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.