|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Post-Graduate Programs for Post Graduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Aug 01, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
Until recently, the Rhodes Scholarships have been awarded in 20 constituencies (representing over 60 different countries). Now the Rhodes Scholarships are fully global: two new Global Scholarships allow eligible candidates from the rest of the world to apply (subject to nomination).
Rhodes Selection Committees are looking for young persons of outstanding intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service from 20 Rhodes constituencies (64 countries) worldwide.
|SEE ALSO: Leiden University 2022/2023 Excellence Scholarship (LExS) for International Students|
The four criteria governing the selection of Rhodes Scholars are:
- Literary and scholastic attainments (academic excellence)
- Energy to use one’s talents to the full (as demonstrated by mastery in areas such as sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuits, particularly where teamwork is involved)
- Truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship
- Moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in one’s fellow beings.
The following eligibility criteria apply to all applicants for the Rhodes Scholarships:
- Citizenship & residency: From any country of the world
- Age: You must have reached your 18th birthday and not have passed your 24th birthday on 1 October in the year of application. There is some variation on the upper age limit across constituencies depending on the local environment. Please check carefully the specific age requirements for your constituency before applying. Successful candidates will arrive in Oxford the October following the selection process. The Scholarship may not be deferred.
- Education: Rhodes Scholars must have completed a Bachelor’s degree before coming up to Oxford, to a sufficiently high standard to meet both the Rhodes and the Oxford criteria. Please consult the detailed information provided by the constituency to which you are applying on our How to apply for a Rhodes Scholarship page and the prospectus pages of the University of Oxford. NB: Some constituencies require completion of your undergraduate degree in the year of application for the Scholarship.
|SEE ALSO: DeepMind 2022 Postgraduate Scholarship at University of Birmingham|
- The basic tenure of the Scholarship is two years, subject always to satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct. In certain cases, at the discretion of the Academic Committee of the Rhodes Trust and the
Rhodes Trustees, Scholars may apply for a third year of Scholarship to complete the DPhil,
- The Rhodes Scholarship is for not less than two years.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should go to Rhodes Trust on www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk to apply
Notes: You may submit only one Rhodes Scholarship application in an application round. Any candidate submitting more than one application per year will be disqualified from all submitted applications.
|⭐ Apply Next: University of Glasgow James McCune Smith PhD Scholarships for International Students 2023|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.