|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Literary/Art Contests for Writers & Poets (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Apr 02, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
Little stories cleverly told with sparing use of words and a moral undertone. It must be a fable!
With the upcoming Year of Scotland’s Stories 2022, what better time to find a fable for the 21st century in the style of Robert Louis Stevenson. RLS wrote 22 of them. Now it is your opportunity to explore this timeless art of storytelling, giving us an entry in no more than 350 words.
Our international judging panel is chaired by Alan Taylor, author and journalist
|SEE ALSO: Taking Flight New Writing Competition 2022|
- £500 for Winner – £100 Second
How to Apply
1. Study the Stevenson Fables – See
2. Write your Fable following the rules and guidance – See
It will be judged by the criteria of pleasure to the reader and conformance to Stevenson’s fable style.
The international judging panel is chaired by Alan Taylor, author and journalist.
|SEE ALSO: Little Thorn Books Writing Event 2021/2022|
3. Send your entry as an email to email@example.com
- Make sure the title of your email is the name of your Fable.
- Make sure you include your name at the foot of your email.
4. You’re done! Sit back, follow progress and find hints on Twitter, showing your appreciation – See @mrrlsfable
The overall winner and runner-up will be announced at the RLS Conference in Bordeaux on 16-18 June.
Download a pdf copy of the full competition leaflet
|⭐ Apply Next: Taking Flight New Writing Competition 2022|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.