|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Scholarships for Undergraduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Jul 25, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
As a commitment through Sony’s Global Social Justice Fund, the Sony Music Group Global Scholars Program, is an initiative designed to provide scholarships for students enrolled in a wide range of leading music and music business-related fields of study at accredited colleges and universities.
The overall goals of the program include:
- To support students through their college careers and guide them towards college completion.
- To help steward and cultivate students throughout their college career by providing enrichment programming and exposure to Sony Music Group’s music professionals and industry.
- To help build and grow a diverse talent demographic of young music leaders towards gainful employment.
- And to help alleviate the financial burden of students from diverse backgrounds for up to the period of the degree program or upon completion, whichever is sooner, depending on financial need and region.
|SEE ALSO: Study in USA: Tulane University International Student Financial Aid 2022|
- This scholarship is open to students who are planning to enroll full-time in an accredited college or university degree, including 3-4 year undergraduate degree programs, in music or music business-related fields of study during the academic year of 2022-2023.
- Maintain a U.S. equivalent GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or above is required to apply for this scholarship.
- An applicant’s academic record must show potential to succeed in a college/university program in their intended music industry field.
- A demonstrated financial need.
- Applicants do not need to be accepted into a program at the time of application, but if selected for a scholarship, proof of full-time enrollment will be required before scholarship funds can be sent.
- Scholarship amounts will range between USD 3,000 and USD 20,000 per academic year for required tuition and mandatory fees to complete students’ degree programs and vary depending on the location of the college/university, the type of college/university (state university, private university, etc.), and the Sony Music Group Global Scholar’s expected financial need.
- Scholarships are intended to assist students as they pursue undergraduate study and are NOT intended to cover all educational expenses. Recipients are responsible for the balance of funding, including tuition and fees, books and supplies, living expenses, and transportation.
- In addition to receiving the scholarship, Sony Music Group Global Scholars may be given other opportunities by Sony Music Group to further their professional development, including unpaid internship or mentorship opportunities.
- Upon acceptance, the Sony Music Group Global Scholars Program will provide a wide range of enrichment programming, including structured events and webinars to connect with SMG industry experts to cultivate an international cohort of future music industry professionals.
|SEE ALSO: Nigerian National Committee Annual UWC Scholarship Award / Selection Exercise 2023|
Documents Required for Application
A complete application must be submitted in English and will include:
- Completed online application form
- A personal statement (up to 3,500 characters)
- An estimate of your expected tuition and mandatory fees to complete your degree programs during the academic year of 2022-2023;
- Two reference letters. The letters must come from non-family members who know you well – for example, a teacher, instructor, professor, employer/work supervisor, scout leader, advisor to an extracurricular club, etc.
- High school transcript/grade report issued by the school (for applicants from the United Kingdom or Commonwealth countries, A level, O level, GCSE, or BTEC results are also acceptable)
- Only applications completed by the deadline will be reviewed. Falsifying or plagiarizing any portion of your application is grounds for automatic disqualification.
How to Apply
Go to Sony Music Group on myapp.iie.org to apply
|⭐ Apply Next: University of Glasgow James McCune Smith PhD Scholarships for International Students 2023|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.