|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Post-Graduate Programs for Africans, Post Graduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: May 31, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 Notice: We are moving to Latestopportunities.com|
The Centre for African Studies at the University of Basel calls for applications for two doctoral positions in Social Anthropology or African Studies covering a period of three years funded by the Humer Foundation for Academic Talent.
This research initiative examines comparatively various forms of movement that produce and deploy racialized and/or ethnicized sexualities as central means of consumptive fantasies, modes of value production, disciplinary regimes, and strategies of investment in the future. Examining the implications of new forms of sexualized mobility for gender, kinship, and domesticity; money and the moralization of wealth; ritual and religion; rising forms of moral securitization and militarization; and new forms of consumption, embodiment, style, and self-making, this project takes sexuality as a key domain for understanding the politics of contemporary mobility and its continuities and discontinuities with colonial discourse and practice, both on the African continent and between Africa and the wider world.
|SEE ALSO: 2022/23 Murdoch University Top-up Scholarship for International Students|
- hold an excellent Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Social Anthropology or a related discipline;
- present an original idea for a research project relating to the sexuality, mobility, and political economy;
- have very good research and writing skills;
- commit themselves fully to their PhD project during the funding period and aim at completing their project within the said period;
- meet the requirements for admission to PhD studies at the University of Basel.
- We offer an international, multidisciplinary work environment and excellent research infrastructure and a workplace in the heart of Basel. Compensation will be according to the guidelines of the University of Basel.
Documents Required for Application
- A letter of motivation (not exceeding two pages);
- A curriculum vitae (not exceeding two pages and including a list of publications, if applicable);
- A short proposal (1500-2500 words) relating to sexuality, mobility, and political economy.
- Copies of undergraduate and postgraduate diplomas complete with transcripts (please note that the overall grade received for the Master degree is relevant for admission);
- The contact details of two referees (university professors or lecturers);
- One or two writing samples (including Master’s thesis or equivalent).
|SEE ALSO: Cardiff University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships 2022|
How to Apply
To apply, visit University of Basel on career2.successfactors.eu
Submit your application as PDF files using only the recruiting online tool of Basel University.
For more information, please visit our website: https://zasb.unibas.ch or contact Prof. George Paul Meiu firstname.lastname@example.org
|⭐ Apply Next: DAAD Graduation Scholarships for International Students at Heilbronn University 2022|
NOW FREE: Get a copy of the Complete Nigerian Army Past Question and Answers now. (Complete answers and guide)
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.