|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Scholarships for Graduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Apr 05, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
Applications are invited from eligible Africans for the Desmond Tutu/Church of Scotland Masters Scholarship 2021/2022 for Study at the University of Edinburgh.
The scholarship will be awarded to a student from Africa who is accepted on a full-time basis for a one year postgraduate Masters programme of study within the School of Divinity and who has the official endorsement from the General Secretary or Principal Clerk of their Church.
This scholarship was set up in 2009 to commemorate the Honorary Degree of Doctor of Divinity conferred by the University on the Most Reverend Desmond Tutu. During the graduation ceremony, Archbishop Tutu spoke of the historic links between Africa and the University of Edinburgh: “Some of our first black physicians were people who had trained here and there is a long tradition that links this university with our part of the world.” The award will be tenable for one academic year.
Eligibility for The Desmond Tutu/Church of Scotland Masters Scholarship
- The scholarship will be awarded to a student from Africa who is accepted on a full-time basis for a one year postgraduate Masters programme of study within the School of Divinity.
- Shortlisted candidates will require to have the official endorsement from the General Secretary or the Principal Clerk of their Church.
- Applicants must be a member of a Church of Scotland partner church in Africa. Eligible partner churches are:
- Evangelical Presbyterian Church, Ghana
- Presbyterian Church of Ghana
- Presbyterian Church of East Africa
- Synod of the Nile of the Evangelical Church of Egypt
- Church of Central Africa Presbyterian
- Igreja Evangelica de Cristo em Mocambique
- Presbyterian Church of Nigeria
- Presbyterian Church of South Sudan
- The Programme of Christian Muslim Relations in Africa’
- United Church of Zambia
- Uniting Presbyterian Church of Southern Africa
The scholarship will be awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit with candidates requiring a Bachelor Degree equivalent to a UK first class or 2:1 Honours degree.
The Desmond Tutu/Church of Scotland Masters Scholarship Benefits
The scholarship will cover:
- Full overseas tuition fee.
- Accommodation within a Church of Scotland flat within Edinburgh.
- £500 per calendar month for living costs.
- Visa costs.
- One return airfare.
- Insurance from Church of Scotland business travel, underwritten by Aviva.
How to Apply for The Desmond Tutu/Church of Scotland Masters Scholarship
In order to gain access to the scholarship application system applicants must have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh. Note that, following the submission of an application for admission, it can take up to ten working days for all system checks to be completed and for access to be granted.
Visit the OFFICIAL PAGE for further information. DROP COMMENTS for questions/suggestions. See deadline and SHARE below!
|⭐ Apply Next: Commonwealth Distance-Learning Scholarships 2023/2024 for Developing Countries|
AD PACKAGES: Push your business to the face of over 8,000 people from as little as #1,000.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.