|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Literary/Art Contests for Writers & Poets (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: May 01, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The Flora Nwapa Prize for Feminist Writing is an annual award for the best unpublished work of fiction or non-fiction written in English by any writer with a feminist theme.
Established in 2020 by Onyeka Nwelue, a Nigerian writer and multi-art specialist, the prize seeks to reward the best unpublished full-length work of fiction or non-fiction written in English with a feminist theme, in honor of Flora Nwapa, Africa’s first female novelist, who considered her work ‘womanist.’
The winner receives $1000 and the prize is run by the Flora Nwapa Foundation and Tana Press.
Requirements and Guidelines
- The Flora Nwapa Prize for Feminist Writing is worth $1000 to the winner. The Prize is awarded by a panel of judges appointed each year by The Flora Nwapa Foundation.
- The Prize is awarded annually for the best first unpublished full-length work of fiction or non-fiction written in English with a feminist theme.
- The winner of the Prize will be selected from a long list of ten titles, followed by a shortlist of three outstanding manuscripts submitted for the prize.
Conditions of the Prize
- Any eligible manuscript which is entered for the Prize will only qualify if they meet the criteria for submission and it satisfies the conditions set out in the rules.
- The winning author will be signed to World Arts Agency if they do not have an agent.
- Each shortlisted author will be invited to attend the Prize ceremony.
- The curators reserve the right to vary the Rules and Conditions of Entry and may also alter the published program without prior notice as necessary.
Entry of Books
- Writers may enter up to two unpublished full-length manuscripts.
- Entry forms must be submitted by May 1st, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Flora Nwapa Foundation will acknowledge every entry.
- Any full-length unpublished manuscript of fiction or non-fiction with a feminist theme is eligible.
- Authors must be living at the time of submission.
- Only manuscripts in English are eligible.
- The decision of the Judges shall be binding and final.
- All submissions are made on a confidential basis.
- A long list of ten titles will be announced on July 1st, 2021.
- A shortlist of three titles will be announced on August 1st, 2021.
- The winner will be announced on October 16, 2021. (Flora Nwapa died on October 16, 1993).
- Aduke Gomez (Chair)
- Innocent Mutanga
- Teri Sillo
How to Submit
Make your submissions to email@example.com.
|⭐ Apply Next: No upcoming opportunity in this category ( See all opportunities )|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.