|KINDLY SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER!|
|👤 For (Open to): Writers & Poets|
|🕡 Deadline: May 01, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|📋 Relevant Links: Literary Contests,|
|📌 RSS Feed: Subscribe to Literary Contests|
|❓ Help: Chat with an Agent|
|TELL US ABOUT AN OPPORTUNITY 📝|
The Flora Nwapa Prize for Feminist Writing is an annual award for the best unpublished work of fiction or non-fiction written in English by any writer with a feminist theme.
Established in 2020 by Onyeka Nwelue, a Nigerian writer and multi-art specialist, the prize seeks to reward the best unpublished full-length work of fiction or non-fiction written in English with a feminist theme, in honor of Flora Nwapa, Africa’s first female novelist, who considered her work ‘womanist.’
The winner receives $1000 and the prize is run by the Flora Nwapa Foundation and Tana Press.
Requirements and Guidelines
- The Flora Nwapa Prize for Feminist Writing is worth $1000 to the winner. The Prize is awarded by a panel of judges appointed each year by The Flora Nwapa Foundation.
- The Prize is awarded annually for the best first unpublished full-length work of fiction or non-fiction written in English with a feminist theme.
- The winner of the Prize will be selected from a long list of ten titles, followed by a shortlist of three outstanding manuscripts submitted for the prize.
Conditions of the Prize
- Any eligible manuscript which is entered for the Prize will only qualify if they meet the criteria for submission and it satisfies the conditions set out in the rules.
- The winning author will be signed to World Arts Agency if they do not have an agent.
- Each shortlisted author will be invited to attend the Prize ceremony.
- The curators reserve the right to vary the Rules and Conditions of Entry and may also alter the published program without prior notice as necessary.
Entry of Books
- Writers may enter up to two unpublished full-length manuscripts.
- Entry forms must be submitted by May 1st, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Flora Nwapa Foundation will acknowledge every entry.
- Any full-length unpublished manuscript of fiction or non-fiction with a feminist theme is eligible.
- Authors must be living at the time of submission.
- Only manuscripts in English are eligible.
- The decision of the Judges shall be binding and final.
- All submissions are made on a confidential basis.
- A long list of ten titles will be announced on July 1st, 2021.
- A shortlist of three titles will be announced on August 1st, 2021.
- The winner will be announced on October 16, 2021. (Flora Nwapa died on October 16, 1993).
- Aduke Gomez (Chair)
- Innocent Mutanga
- Teri Sillo
How to Submit
Make your submissions to email@example.com.
|⭐ Apply Next: Sapiens Plurum 2021 Short Fiction Contest | Prize: $1800|
Please do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer, employer and/or recruiter unless futher verified from your end. ACEworld will not be responsibe for any scam/fraud. Please stay safe!
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
📩 Stay in the know with our Newsletter
|OTHER OPPORTUNITIES & DEADLINES:|
|» Jun 26, 2021: Sapiens Plurum 2021 Short Fiction Contest | Prize: $1800
» Jun 27, 2021: Moroccan Scholarships 2021 for African Youths to Study in Morocco
» Jun 27, 2021: Zurich Enterprise Challenge for Students Worldwide
» Jun 28, 2021: 2021 Lafarge Africa Graduate Trainee Program
» Jun 28, 2021: Get paid $100 per Story, $20 per Poem in the BIPOC Writers Fee-Free Submission
» Jun 28, 2021: University of Queensland Liveris Academy Merit Scholarship Scheme in Australia 2021-2022
» Jun 29, 2021: 2021 Sunday Dare Scholarship Scheme For Undergraduate Students
» Jun 30, 2021: 2021 FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship | $20,000
» Jun 30, 2021: 2021 Lafyia Innovators Incubation Program For Early-to-Mid Startups
» Jun 30, 2021: 2021 Microsoft Interns4Afrika Internship Program
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
|VISIT DEADLINE PAGE|