|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Scholarships for Undergraduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Feb 11, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
International students are currently being invited to apply for Global Korea Scholarship 2022 to study in Korea. Formerly, Korean Government Scholarship Programs, It was integrated and rebranded in 2010 with the name changed to Global Korea Scholarship (GKS). It is a government funding program for international students.
Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) is designed to provide international students with opportunities to study at higher educational institutions in Korea for academic degrees, which will enhance international education exchange and deepen mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries.
|SEE ALSO: Goldsmiths University of London International Undergraduate Scholarships 2022|
- [Embassy Track]: Korean government invites 125 international students from 67 countries who wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree in Korea. To be selected as a GKS grantee, any applicant should successfully pass through the 1st selection process set by the Korean Embassy of his or her country of origin.
- [University Track]: Korean government invites 60 international students from 72 countries who wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree(Engineering or Nature Science majors) and also 35 international students from 17 countries who wish to pursue an associate degree in Korea. To be selected as a GKS grantee, any applicant should successfully pass through the 1st selection process set by the designated universities.
- [Embassy Track and University Track]: Please contact the 1st selection organizations(embassy or university) to get detailed information regarding the application submission such as application deadline, required documents, interview and etc. Filling of application form and application submission deadline may differ by each embassy or university that conducts the first round of selection; however, it is expected to be around late September or early October.
Note: The Regional University Track applicants can only apply for a major that is considered as Natural Science, Technology and Engineering field. please refer to the attached files(available departments).
- All applicants and their parents must be citizens of GKS program’s partner countries that are invited to take part in this program and must not hold Korean citizenship.
- Korean citizens and dual citizenship holders (one who have Korean citizenship and citizenship of another country) are NOT eligible to apply.
- Applicants and their parents who had previously held Korean citizenship must submit the document that proves their renunciation of Korean citizenship.
- Exception: For overseas Korean applicants holding Japanese citizenship, if their parents hold „Permanent Residency Permit‟ within Japan while holding Korean citizenship, are eligible to apply.
- Must be under 25 years of age as of March 1, 2022 (born after March 1, 1997)
3. High School Graduates (or expected graduates)
- Must hold high school diploma as of March 1st, 2022 or must be expected to graduate high school by March 1st, 2022.
- Applicants who are expected graduate of high school at the time of applying must first submit the certificate of expected graduation at the time of applying. The official high school graduation certificate and final high school transcript must be submitted by March 1st, 2022 at the very latest.
- In case an applicant fails to submit the above mentioned document by March 1st, 2022 or does not fulfil the grade requirement, the applicant will forfeit his or her scholarship.
- Airfare: from home country and return fare
- Settlement Allowance: 200,000 KRW (offered once after entry to Korea) ○ Monthly Allowance: 900,000 KRW per month
- 1-Year Korean Language Training Fee: Fully covered ○ Degree Program Tuition: Fully covered – Tuition amount covered by NIIED is maximum 5million KRW, and the amount that exceeds 5 million KRW will be covered by scholar’s university. – University Admission fees are waived for GKS scholars.
- Medical Insurance: 60,000 KRW per month
- Korean Proficiency Grants: 100,000 KRW per month – This special additional grant is given only to GKS scholars in the degree program who hold valid TOPIK level 5 or 6 for the period of exam validity.
- Degree Completion Grants: 100,000 KRW (offered once) – Offered to GKS scholars who return to their home countries after completing their degree coursework under the scholarship program. – NOT offered to GKS scholars who decide to remain in Korea after completing their degree coursework.
|SEE ALSO: Future Leaders in Tech Scholarship 2022|
How to Apply
To apply for the fully funded Korean Government Scholarship 2022, you are first required to apply for admission into any university in Korea following the steps to fill the online application form;
- STEP1: Select Course
- STEP2: Select University and Major Study
- STEP3: Fill in an Admission Application
- STEP4: Upload Additional Documents
- STEP5: Final Verification
Please refer to the scholarship application guide (available at the application page) to be properly guided in your application.
|⭐ Apply Next: University of Guelph President’s Scholarship for Undergraduate Students to Study in Canada|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.