> Check your mailbox or spam to confirm.
|🆕 New: Find more Awards & Prizes at Latestopportunities.com|
|🕡 Deadline: Aug 11, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
Since 2013 our Young Journalist Award has celebrated the outstanding young talent in the media profession. The award is an opportunity for those brilliant young journalists to demonstrate a wealth of investigative journalism, and, in doing so hold power to account.
The annual competition is organized in partnership with the UK’s Foreign Press Association (FPA) and is presented at their annual awards event in London. The competition enables journalists aged 30 and under, from countries with a Gross National Income (GNI) per capita of less than USD20,000, to send in their best stories.
The entries are scrutinized by the foundation and then independent, expert, FPA judges. The three finalists are flown to London to attend the gala award night in London, along with a host of other potential award winners and leading figures from the world of journalism.
- You must be aged 30 or under
- You must hail from a country with a Gross National Income (GNI) per capita of less than $20,000
- Entries can be in any language, but they must be accompanied by a verbatim English-language translation
|SEE ALSO: RNTC Media & Journalism Scholarships 2023|
Benefits of Thomson Foundation Young Journalist Award
The top three finalists will have the honour of being flown to London, where they will attend the glitzy award night alongside potential award winners and luminaries from the world of journalism. It’s an exceptional chance for networking, inspiration, and global exposure.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
- Each entrant should submit a portfolio of THREE published or broadcast pieces of work produced in the 12 months preceding (prior to) the award deadline for submissions which is midnight GMT on 11th August 2023 . The entries can be in any format: print, audio, video, multimedia, or a combination of all four.
- All entrants should be reporting from their home country as defined by the GNI or, if not in their country of origin, in another country fitting the same criteria. Applicants also need to provide an explanation of any collaboration undertaken with colleagues or external organisations on the stories they submit.
- Journalists who enter for the FPA award will need to submit a written statement of no more than 200 words per story giving a summary of the content and any impact it had on public debate in the country of publication or broadcast, should also be submitted.
|⭐ Apply Next: Enter Now! Sony World Organization Photography Awards Contest 2024 For Students and Photographers(USD30,000 Prize Money)|
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.