|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Fellowships for Post Graduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Jul 08, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
South Africa’s National Research Foundation (NRF) and Department of Science and Technology (DST) in partnership with TWAS is pleased to announce the TWAS-NRF Doctoral Fellowship to advance science in developing countries.
TWAS-NRF Doctoral Fellowships are tenable at research institutions in South Africa for a maximum period of three years. They are awarded to scientists from developing countries (other than South Africa) to enable them to pursue PhD research in the natural sciences.
|SEE ALSO: African Urban Futures Postdoctoral Fellowships at University of Cape Town 2022|
The TWAS-NRF programme is a Fellowship in South Africa for candidates in the science and engineering discipline. Awarded candidates under TWAS-NRF Doctoral Fellowships will be provided Partial Cost of Study (PCS) funding and this will only cover tuition fees (R30 000 per annum) and accommodation costs (R60 000 per annum) for a maximum of R90 000 per annum per student. Additionally, the NRF will cover cheapest return economy flight and the visa and/or study permit costs for TWAS-NRF doctoral awarded candidates.
To be eligible for the TWAS-NRF Doctoral Fellowship 2022, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be citizens and permanent residents from developing countries on the African continent and elsewhere;
- Must not be living, studying or working in South Africa in 2022;
- Applicants who were previously employed or studying towards a degree, or undertaking research in South Africa, and have returned to their country of origin, but have been in their country of origin for less than two (2) years, are not eligible to apply;
- Must have obtained an MSc degree in a field of natural sciences;
- Must have obtained minimum of 65% at the masters’ level in order to apply for doctoral funding;
- Must register at a South African public university in 2022, on a full-time basis and may be based at any South African public research institution including Higher Education Institutions (HEIs), Science Councils and National Research Facilities;
- Must be a maximum of 32 years of age by 31 December of the year of application.
- Must have proof of evaluation of all foreign qualifications (obtained from non-South African universities) evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) or proof that the applicant has submitted his/her qualifications to SAQA for evaluation.
- Must meet visa and immigration laws of the applicant’s home country and South Africa.
- Must return to their country of origin upon completion of their studies.
- Are only eligible to pursue research under Science, Engineering and Technology (SET) disciplines.
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- Provide an official proof of study application and/or acceptance letter from a host South African institution, department or laboratory;
- Provide a motivation from the prospective doctoral supervisor.
- Provide English language proficiency certificate (if available at the time of the application).
- Present a detailed research project that must be registered and approved by the host institution and provide a letter of support from the prospective host supervisor;
- Provide an official academic record on the university letterhead.
|SEE ALSO: University of Toronto 2022 EPIC-AT Fellowship Program|
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the TWAS-NRF Doctoral Fellowship 2022 are to contact institutions in South Africa or potential supervisors to obtain a placement into the programme. Applicants can then proceed to apply for the doctoral fellowship for 2022 by accessing the NRF Online application system.
|⭐ Apply Next: Harry Frank Guggenheim (HFG) 2023 Emerging Scholar Awards for Graduate-Student Researchers|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.