|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Scholarships for Graduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: May 03, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
Sponsored by the CP Charitable Trust, and the International Student House, this scholarship exists to support African nationals with a high-quality academic and professional background who would not be able to study at the University College of London (UCL) without financial assistance.
The Scholarship is a one-off award for the academic year SeptemberSeptember to study Global Health and Development at UCL.
Obtaining a UK Visa, often involves a long process and you will need to give yourself at least three months before the start of the course to obtain a visa. In the event that a successful scholarship candidate is unable to obtain a UK visa on time before the start of the degree programme, the scholarship will not be reserved for them for the following academic year. They will have to reapply.
Our unique, cross-disciplinary approach is reflected throughout our research and teaching. We work in the real world, collaborating with communities at all levels, and offering workable solutions for policy makers.
The Institute for Global Health implements UCL’s Grand Challenge of Global Health, a cross disciplinary initiative to provide innovative, workable solutions to global health problems. Equality, diversity and inclusion are central to our approach to research, teaching and beyond.
In order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must:
- The candidate must be an African national and a permanent resident of an African nation, at the time of application.
- The candidate must have applied and obtained an offer letter to study a fulltime postgraduate programme at the UCL Institute for Global Health for the coming academic year.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- The scholarship covers UCL tuition fees, accommodation, and cost of living. The candidate must arrange for and obtain the additional funding required to cover travel, student visa, and initial expenses.
- Please also see the application procedure below for additional information.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The African Graduate Scholarship will cover:
- £25,800 – Tuition fee for overseas students in 2021-2022 AY
- £10,000 – Estimated value of an accommodation bursary in the International students house (ISH).
- £9,200 – Subsistence stipend for the year disbursed in regular intervals
- Travel expenses* (You will need to calculate and pay for the cost of your travel to and from the UK as well as the cost for the student visa, and initial expenses (warm clothes for winter, student supplies etc.)
- MSc Project costs* (You will need to calculate and pay for the costs of your project if you choose to conduct an MSc project overseas.
- Candidates are not required to write a dissertation that requires travelling).
Payment of the Scholarship is made in the form of paying your tuition fees and providing you accommodation at the start of the academic session and providing maintenance cheques at regular intervals throughout the academic year to pay for food, transport and daily expenses.
Eligible candidates are required to submit their completed scholarship application form with the following documentation:
- Copy of your offer letter for the MSc Global Health and Development programme
- your academic transcripts/certificates, references and CV from your MSc application.
- completed scholarship application form including personal statement.
- evidence of your current employment and income e.g. letter from employer confirming employment status and annual salary in GBP.
- Proof of funding status including evidence that they have applied to other funding bodies for the additional expenses. If any additional funding has been obtained, the applicant must provide evidence of this in the form of a signed letter from the funding organisation stating the additional sponsorship/scholarship amount in sterling.
If the funding comes from personal resources, copies of official bank statements showing the balance of funds must be submitted. Candidates must submit their scholarship application to: email@example.com by 3rd May 2021.
How to Apply
Please complete the application form and return by email together with supporting documentation as a single file.
Please do not submit individual scanned pages of the application form unless there is a particular page that requires a signature.
Completed application forms will be reviewed shortly after the deadline stated on the application form. The applications are considered and awarded by the UCL Institute for Global Health (IGH) Scholarship Committee. The committee aims to contact successful candidates by email and post within 4 weeks of the deadline.
|⭐ Apply Next: 2023 ACU Commonwealth Summer School for Talented University Students|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.