> Check your mailbox or spam to confirm.
|🆕 New: Find more General Competitions at Latestopportunities.com|
|🕡 Deadline: Oct 31, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
Are you a professional or amateur photographer, or simply passionate about millets? Do you produce, process or promote millets and are you willing to share your experience? Join the IYM 2023 Photo Contest and help spread the word about the many benefits of millets, from their diversity to the variety of nutritious dishes they can produce, their ability to thrive on arid lands, and their market potential.
Your photograph should illustrate one or more of the following aspects:
- Millets can fight hunger and contribute to food security;
- Millets are climate-resilient;
- Millets are tasty and can contribute to a healthy diet;
- Millets offer promising livelihood opportunities for small-scale farmers and small and medium enterprises for post-harvest and processing services;
- Millets are rich in heritage;
- Millets can be used in many innovative ways.
|SEE ALSO: UNESCO-UNEVO Skills in Action Photo Competition 2023|
- Participants should be 18 years old or above.
- Each participant can submit up to five photographs by filling in and submitting the registration form.?Each photo should be submitted separately by filling in the form.
- Participants must own the copyright and must have taken the photographs themselves. The photos may have been taken within the five-year period prior to the deadline of the contest (e.g. after 1 October2018).
- Each submitted photograph must have a title and a short description/caption explaining what the photo represents, considering one or more of the aspects mentioned, and where/when the photo was taken (max. 150 words).
- Participants are invited to post their photos on social media accounts, using the IYM hashtag/s: #IYM2023 #YearofMillets and tagging @FAO.
- Photographs must be submitted in .jpeg format. Images should be of high quality (e.g. 300 dpi and 5000 pixels and a file size that does not exceed 2 MB). Both colour and/or black and white images will be accepted.
- The material must not violate or infringe third party’s rights including but not limited to trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
- The submission must not contain dates, texts, brand names, logos or trademarks.
- The IYM Secretariat respects photographers’ rights and does not claim copyright over images submitted to this contest. The author retains full copyright for each entry. Whenever the image is published by FAO, the author will be credited.
- By participating in the contest, the contestant grants FAO permission to use the image in FAO material and on FAO digital channels for non-commercial purposes. FAO does NOT own the copyright and authors are free to use the image for other purposes at their choosing.
- The top five photos will be posted by FAO corporate social media accounts and the four runners up will undergo a popular vote to determine the second prize winner.
- Any questions regarding the photo contest should be submitted to [email protected].
Benefits of UN FAO International Year of Millets Photo Contest
- The first prize winner of the photo contest will be invited to the official closing ceremony of the International Year of Millets in 2024. Travel expenses will be covered for the winner, according to FAO rules.
- Winners will be announced on the International Year of Millets website at the beginning of December 2023.
- Winners will be promoted on FAO social media, by FAO offices around the world and partner websites.
- All 5 winners will receive a certificate of recognition and surprise gift bag.
- In the event that any of the selected winner(s) of any prize (that is/are ineligible in accordance with these Contest rules and/or the General Rules, Copyright and Privacy) cannot be traced, or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited and it will be in the sole discretion of FAO to choose whether to award the prize to another eligible entry.
- When winning photos are published, only the first and family name will be published. No other personal information about the contestants will be published or shared.
|SEE ALSO: Enter Now! Sony World Organization Photography Awards Contest 2024 For Students and Photographers(USD30,000 Prize Money)|
How to Apply
Go to Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO) on www.fao.org to apply
Step 1: Choose up to 5 of your own photos and prepare their captions.
Step 2: Fill in and submit the registration form before 31 October 2023 for each photo.
Step 3: Share your photos on social media with the hashtags #IYM2023 and #YearOfMillets tagging @FAO.
Step 4: Stay tuned to find out who the winners are!
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
|⭐ Apply Next: Minotaur Books/Mystery Writers of America First Crime Novel Competition 2023|
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.