|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Internships / Graduate Trainee Progs. for Africans, Graduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Jul 11, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
United Nations Conference for Trade and Development is currently inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for UNCTAD Internship Program for Young Graduates who wish to develop their career.
This internship opportunity in the United Nations Conference for Trade and Development is in Addis Ababa. UN interns must have a valid visa. Internship opportunities are for a maximum of six months.
|SEE ALSO: Brainnest 2022 Network Engineer Internship For Graduate|
What to Expect
The internship programme is UNPAID and full-time. Interns work five days per week (40 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
- Assist in organizing press conferences, briefings and meetings with member states, RECs, partners, parliamentarians, and stakeholders
- Assist in organizing dissemination activities for UNCTAD’s research
- Assist in preparation of news items and updating the social media accounts
- Undertake analysis on topical issues on the African continent which are related to UNCTAD’s mandate
- Assist in identifying updated and new relevant information, research documents on issues related to UNCTAD’s mandate
- Assist in preparation of briefing notes and workshop reports
- Attend and assist in summarizing conferences and meetings as necessary
- Assist in identifying initiatives and major meetings at Africa and regional levels, where UNCTAD can participate in (with the UN, African Development Bank, Afriexim Bank, AfCFTA Secretariat)
- Update and improving information contained in the office databases, perform internet-based research and catalogue information related to the work of UNCTAD;
- Assist with the maintenance of ROA’s electronic communications dispatched to stakeholders, including UNCTAD communications and outreach products
- Any other tasks assigned
To be eligible for UNCTAD Internship Program for Young Graduates, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be African
- Be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or Be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Should be computer literate in standard software applications;
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes willingness to understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- A person who is the child or sibling of a staff member shall not be eligible to apply for an internship at the United Nations.
- Fluency in English is required for this internship. Knowledge of French is desirable
|SEE ALSO: Whogohost Graduate Customer Support Internishp Programme 2022 (Payments)|
How to Apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply for internships which relate directly to their studies and/or skills and expertise. Applicants are asked to please indicate preferences which best match his/her suitability and do so carefully in order to enhance the value of the internship for both the intern and the receiving UN department.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
|⭐ Apply Next: Shell Nigeria 2023 Student Industrial Training and Internship Program|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.