> Check your mailbox or spam to confirm.
|🆕 New: Find more Grants & Fundings at Latestopportunities.com|
|🕡 Deadline: Jul 10, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
The “Promoting Excellence in Journalism Education in Africa” initiative invites 30+ universities and training centres across the continent to help develop criteria for excellence in journalism education. The initiative is supported by Google News Initiative and coordinated by the Wits Centre for Journalism and the School of Journalism and Media Studies at Rhodes University (South Africa).
Based on the agreed upon criteria, the centres are invited to self-assess and identify gaps in their own programmes. They will be able to submit a proposal until 10 July 2023 for one of the 10 grants available to help address these gaps. For example, the proposals might involve integrating new UNESCO curriculum resources on fake news and disinformation, migration, terrorism and climate change, into their programmes, or deepening links between universities and the media industry. Institutions can also propose activities for using key international days like World Press Freedom Day to mobilize partnership, devise innovative teaching methodologies adapted to challenges identified in Africa, or take steps towards building a community of practice in African Journalism Education.
Details of this call and the selection process:
- This grants funding opportunity is available to journalism schools, colleges and universities in Africa.
- Only one proposal per institution will be considered. Please confer with your colleagues to ensure that no duplicate proposals are received from your institution.
- Institutions that participated in the series of regional online consultations will be prioritised in the selection process.
Benefits of UNESCO Excellence in Journalism Education in Africa Initiative
Up to USD 16,000 will be allocated to each successful application, and a total of 10 grants will be awarded.
The process of selection is competitive. However, the selection committee will take the fol institution to deliver on their proposed project; Diversity, inclusion and gender equity. Please see the appendix below for more details on these criteria for selection. ?
- While we are looking for interesting, fresh and innovative project proposals to address gaps identified through the self-assessment, and while we recognise the purchase of equipment (such as computers or cellphones) may be a necessary part of some project proposals, projects that prioritise capital expenditure will score less.
- Project proposals that contribute to a longer-term strategy and aim to complete a component of that strategy will also be considered.
- You may submit your proposal in English, French, Portuguese or Arabic.
- Projects that are proposed need to be able to be completed by March 31, 2024.lowing issues into consideration when making a decision: Geography and language; Diversity of topics; How practical the project proposed is within its timeframe
How to Apply
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
Please prepare your proposal using the following headings. Only proposals that respond to all of these headings will be able to be considered. Section 1
- Name of institution
- Website of institution (if it has one)
- Your name
- Your position at institution
- Your email address
|⭐ Apply Next: No upcoming opportunity in this category ( See all opportunities )|
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.