|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|🆕 New: Find more Awards & Prizes at Latestopportunities.com|
|🕡 Deadline: Jul 13, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
The United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization-UNESCO International Literacy Prizes 2023 are now accepting applications and Nominations. Member States and International NGOs with official relations with UNESCO can submit nominations for the UNESCO International Literacy Prizes 2023.
JOIN US FOR MORE ON: |
or Follow us on WhatsApp Channel
All applicants should make submissions related to the theme of the year: “Promoting literacy for a world in transition: Building the foundation for sustainable societies and piece.” Please consider the specific focuses of the two prizes when applying.
The application process includes two stages, an application, and a nomination. In the first stage, an applicant can fill in and apply to a National Commission for UNESCO or International Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) with official relations with UNESCO. In the second stage, the concerned National Commission or international NGO will review and nominate the shortlisted applications to the Secretariat of the UNESCO International Literacy Prizes.
|SEE ALSO: L’Oréal-UNESCO 2024 International Awards in Life and Environmental Sciences (€100,000 prize)|
UNESCO International Literacy Prizes
There are currently two UNESCO International Literacy Prizes:
The UNESCO Confucius Prize for Literacy (3 Awards):
- Established in 2005 and supported by the People’s Republic of China’s government. This award recognizes programs that promote literacy, including functional literacy, by leveraging technological environments to assist adults in rural areas and out-of-school youth.
- Each UNESCO Confucius Prize for Literacy winner receives a medal, a diploma, and US$30,000.
The UNESCO King Sejong Literacy Prize (3 Awards):
- Established in 1989 and supported by the Republic of Korea’s government. It prioritizes programs that promote literacy development based on the mother language.
- Each UNESCO King Sejong Literacy Prize winner, receives an award, a diploma, and a monetary prize of US$20,000.
The National Commission for UNESCO and international NGOs maintaining an official relationship with UNESCO can nominate the following groups of people:
- Applicants who are promoting literacy through effective and innovative projects or programs
- Open to all governments, non-governmental organizations, and individuals who contribute to promoting and advancing literacy learning through projects and programs.
- Have proven innovative work prove in the field of literacy for at least three years
- Who has not received the UNESCO International Literacy Prize in the past five years?
|SEE ALSO: The Kindle Storyteller Award 2023|
Selection Criteria for the UNESCO International Literacy Prizes
The following are the selection criteria:
- Activities relevant to the theme of the year
- Relevance to the societal and individual needs
- The teaching and learning quality
- The activities impact
- Innovative approaches
- Sustainability of the project or program
Important Notes Before Applying
- Before completing the application, read about previous prize winners and note points that make them noteworthy and distinctive
- Avoid jargon and broad generalizations. Ask an external to review the application before submission.
- Prizes are about achieving effective literacy programs and approaches, so do not explain or justify the value and importance of literacy.
- The Prizes are not as to fund current programs or proposed projects.
- They are not a means of funding research
- Awards are not for programs in the early stages of ideation or development.
- Applicants should name and title any files or websites.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should appropriately fill out the online application form to submit it to National Commission for UNESCO OR International Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) with official relations with UNESCO. The national commission or NGO will nominate the applicant to the Prize Secretariat if qualified.
|⭐ Apply Next: GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security 2023|
NOTICE: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
⚡️ Advertise your products or business to our 9,500+ unique subscribers. More info.
⚡️ Join other students to learn, upskill & get certified on Future Syllabus. Start learning.
⚡️ Get your books on Amazon, Okadabooks, Kobo, Selar, etc with ACEworld. Click here.
⚡️ Get your ISBN, Editing, Cover Design & other book services at ACEworld. Click here.
⚡️ ️Publish your promotional content on any of our blogs at a discount. More info.