|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Trainings and Workshops for Everyone (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Apr 15, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The UNESCO Chair in Global Citizenship Education in Higher Education (University of Bologna), in collaboration with the Academic Network on Global Education & Learning (ANGEL), and with the support of Global Education Network Europe (GENE), is organizing an International Summer School on Researching Global Education and Learning, with the focus this year on Using literature.
The Summer School aims to provide students with a theoretical outline of Global Education research, as well as practical skills for systematically reviewing literature – drawing on the established experience in ANGEL and looking at future developments.
The programme will offer a range of approaches and practical tools for interrogating databases, systematic reviewing, recent developments in qualitative reviews, and various types of synthesis and meta-analyses. A more conceptual module will address the topic of how to define the boundaries of Global Education and Learning (GEL) across different cultural and linguistic traditions. A practical exercise will focus on the development of research approaches that will inform the future direction of ANGEL’s Global Education Digest project.
|SEE ALSO: Summer Global Youth Forum 2022: Youth at the Forefront Of Achieving the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development|
- Provide high-quality academic training in research methodology, particularly in skills in literature analysis
- Provide a theoretical framework in the field of global education and learning
- Developing ideas for, and potential contributors to future literature investigations by ANGEL, such as the Multilingual Global Education Digest
At the end of the Summer School students will:
- Understand GEL as an independent research field
- Be able to interrogate major academic databases and search engines
- Use various approaches to systematically search scientific literature in various educational fields
- Be able to conduct rigorous literature analysis and meta-analysis
- Get or reinforce autonomy in designing and leading a field research
Place and dates
- June 21 – 24, 2022. Bertinoro and Bologna, Italy.
- 3 days half board residential study in Bertinoro
- Plus, ½ day conference, open to general public, in Bologna
The residential section of the Summer School will take place within the 10th century hilltop castle of the Bertinoro Conference Centre, which is part-owned by the University of Bologna itself. Bertinoro is a small ancient town perched on the peaceful Mount Cesubeo, with a view across the plains to Ravenna, and the Adriatic Sea. However, it is easily accessible from both Bologna and Forlì, including via public transport.
Lessons will be held Tues-Thurs from 9 am to 1 pm and from 2 pm to 6 pm. Then, on Friday 24th, the class will be transferred by bus to Bologna to participate in a half-day public conference on GCE. It is expected that most attendees will need to arrive the day before, on Monday 20th.
Renowned international experts in systematic reviewing and database retrieval, as well as in Global Education and Learning will be involved in the Summer School, including:
- Massimiliano Tarozzi (UNSCO chair holder in Global Citizenship Education, University of Bologna, Italy),
- Luca Ghirotto (Head of Qualitative Research Unit, Azienda USL – IRCCS in Reggio Emilia – Researcher, University of Verona)
- Karin Hannes (Centre for Sociological Research, University of Leuven)
- Clare bentall (Development Education Reserach Centre, UCL Institute of Education)
- Annette Scheunpflug (University of Bamberg & Chair of GENE) TBC
Requirements and language
- PhD students, international graduate students, post-docs and researchers (priority to those who graduated within the last 5 years)
- Exceptional Masters students who are interested in research methods in education and/or in global education and learning issues
While the Summer school is open to all, access priority will be given to ANGEL members, and a maximum of 40 participants will be admitted. The language of the course is English.
Participants will be considered by their CV, qualifications and by their personal statement. In addition, a good knowledge of the English language is required (B2 level).
Fees and policies
- Standard Rate: €350
- ANGEL Member rate: €300
Includes tuition fee, course materials, as well as 3 nights’ accommodation, lunch, dinner and refreshments. We are hoping to be able to offer a limited number of bursaries to applicants from Lower & Middle Income Countries. News about this will be sent ASAP to all applicants via email.
|SEE ALSO: Plan International Youth Leadership Academy and Youth Network Program 2022(Scholarships Available)|
Covid policy: All safety protocols for the prevention of Covid-19 have been implemented at the premises at Bertinoro, in accordance with the latest official guidelines. However, you will need to have an NHS Covid Pass or European Union Digital Covid Certificate to enter. In case of the worsening of the pandemic situation, the summer school will be canceled and not transformed into an online event.
Cancellation policy: More than 7 days before event start: Full refund*. 7-1 day before event start: 50% refund*. <24 hours before event start: No refund. *For any cancellation, you will be charged €50 to cover the connected administrative fees.
How to apply
Candidates are required to submit an application, consisting of a personal statement and a curriculum vitae, by April 15th. Submit via this online form (you will need a Google account). Applications will be examined for their relevance to the stated scope and aims of the event by a selection committee of ANGEL Board Members, with candidates informed of the decision by April 22nd. Successful candidates will then be invited to register and pay, by 21st May at the latest.
Your personal statement should provide additional evidence of your intellectual and creative achievement and is also the only opportunity for the selection committee to get a feel for you as a person. You are encouraged to discuss your academic record in the context of your future plans, opportunities, and obstacles.
Organisers and contact
- Summer School director
Prof. Massimiliano Tarozzi
Summer School organising staff
- Raffaella Faggioli
- Carla Inguaggiato
- Kester Muller
- Luca Vittori
|⭐ Apply Next: SME Growth Lab Africa 2023 Digital Accelerator Program For African SME|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.