|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Awards & Prizes for Initiatives (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: May 10, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 Notice: We are moving to Latestopportunities.com|
Nominations are now open for the United Nations Equator Prize for outstanding and Indigenous people’s initiatives that advance innovative nature-based solutions for sustainable development.
The Equator Initiative is a United Nations-led partnership that brings together governments, civil society, grassroots organizations and businesses to foster resilient communities by advancing and recognizing local nature-based solutions for sustainable development.
The Equator Prize 2021 will be awarded to outstanding indigenous peoples initiative and local community that advance innovative solutions for sustainable development. Each Equator Prize winner will receive USD 10,000 and will be supported to participate in a series of policy dialogues and special events in the fall of 2021. The thematic priority areas include: Action on Sustainable Food Systems; Action on Climate; Action on Nature and Green Aconomy.
|SEE ALSO: Energy Talent Graduate Engineer Trainee Program|
To be eligible for the United Nations Equator Prize for Sustainable Development 2021, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The initiative must have been in existence for at least three years, and/or the actions taken must have been in place for at least three years.
- The nominee must be either a local community-based initiative, operating in a rural area, based in a country receiving support from the United Nations Development Programme or an initiative led by Indigenous peoples in any country, operating in a rural area.
- The actions taken by the nominee must be nature-based, and must deliver benefits related to two or more Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
|SEE ALSO: Women in Africa (WIA) Initiative Entrepreneurship Support Programme|
- Nominators are encouraged to quantify results and include data that demonstrates positive impacts in their submissions.
- Nominations may be submitted either directly by the initiative or community, by a partner organization, or by any third party that is sufficiently familiar with the activities and achievements of the initiative or community.
- Nominators must indicate whether they agree to have the solution highlighted in the Equator Initiative web portal on local nature-based solutions for sustainable development.
- Nominated initiatives will undergo a verification process that may require nominees and/or nominators to provide additional information and/or materials.
- Nominations may be submitted in: English, French, Portuguese or Spanish. To nominate in other languages (such as Arabic, Chinese, Indonesian or Russian), please contact the Equator Initiative for instructions.
|SEE ALSO: Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation 2022|
How to Apply
Nominations for the United Nations Equator Prize for Sustainable Development 2021 may be submitted through the online nomination system following the button below. If experiencing technical issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
|⭐ Apply Next: APNI 2022 Young African Phosphorus Fellowship Award Program for African Researchers|
MASSIVE PROMO: We are offering you a 70% discount to learn The Complete WhatsApp Marketing Masterclass now. (Don't miss this!)
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.