|KINDLY SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER!|
|👤 For (Open to): Graduates, Undergraduates|
|🕡 Deadline: Aug 08, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|📋 Relevant Links: Internships,|
|📌 RSS Feed: Subscribe to Internships|
|❓ Help: Chat with an Agent|
|TELL US ABOUT AN OPPORTUNITY 📝|
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations leads international efforts to defeat hunger and to achieve food security for all and make sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives. With over 194 member states, FAO works in over 130 countries worldwide. We believe that everyone can play a part in ending hunger.
The Internship Programme of Human Resources aims to attract talented young women and men who are strongly motivated to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience in FAO’s domains.
The Programme provides a learning opportunity to the participants to supplement their academic knowledge with a practical work assignment in a field related to the work of FAO. Through the FAO internship experience, interns will contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals and FAO Strategic Objectives to achieve Zero Hunger World – SDG2.
|SEE ALSO: Call for Nomination: World Food Prize 2021|
The intern will be assigned to different fields of work according to his/her profile and to the needs of the Organization.
The intern will perform the functions specified in the Terms of Reference (TOR) prepared by the hiring office before the beginning of the assignment.
Candidates will be assessed against the following requirements:
- Enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate degree programme in a bona fide (i.e. listed in the IAU/UNESCO data base) educational institution at the time of application or recent graduates.
- Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset.
- Be nationals of FAO member nations.
- Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother or father) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Internship Programme.
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the proposed duty station prior to the start of the internship assignment.
|SEE ALSO: United Nations Information Service’s Graduate Study Programme (GSP) 2021|
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Relevant academic study in one of the fields of the Organization.
Information to applicants
- Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non- and under-represented member nations, as well as candidates from Small Island Developing States (SIDS), Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and Land-locked Developing Countries (LLDCs), are encouraged to apply to this Call for Expression of Interest.
- All applications will be reviewed and only qualified applicants will be directly contacted for interviews by the hiring office and contacted again, if selected.
- Candidates who have already undertaken an internship assignment at FAO, will not be eligible for another internship.
- FAO pays a monthly stipend to interns if they are not sponsored by sending universities or other entitie
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
|APPLY ALSO: Partnerships Officer at the United Nations World Food Programme|
How to Apply
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications and language skills.
- You are requested to attach a letter of motivation, the evidence of attendance in a recognized university or copy of your academic qualifications to the online profile;
- Once your profile is completed, please apply and submit your application;
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided on your online profile;
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list;
- Incomplete applications will not be considered;
- Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered;
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
|⭐ Apply Next: 2021 Lafarge Africa Graduate Trainee Program|
Please do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer, employer and/or recruiter unless futher verified from your end. ACEworld will not be responsibe for any scam/fraud. Please stay safe!
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
📩 Stay in the know with our Newsletter
|OTHER OPPORTUNITIES & DEADLINES:|
|» Jun 25, 2021: Call for Submission: 2021 African Union Innovating Education | USD100,000
» Jun 25, 2021: Call For Submission: 2021 African Union Innovating Education in Africa Expo
» Jun 25, 2021: Federal Government Academy, Suleja 2021/2022 Admission into JSS1
» Jun 26, 2021: Sapiens Plurum 2021 Short Fiction Contest | Prize: $1800
» Jun 27, 2021: Moroccan Scholarships 2021 for African Youths to Study in Morocco
» Jun 27, 2021: Zurich Enterprise Challenge for Students Worldwide
» Jun 28, 2021: 2021 Lafarge Africa Graduate Trainee Program
» Jun 28, 2021: Get paid $100 per Story, $20 per Poem in the BIPOC Writers Fee-Free Submission
» Jun 28, 2021: University of Queensland Liveris Academy Merit Scholarship Scheme in Australia 2021-2022
» Jun 29, 2021: 2021 Sunday Dare Scholarship Scheme For Undergraduate Students
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
|VISIT DEADLINE PAGE|