|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Internships / Graduate Trainee Progs. for Graduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Mar 05, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
Applications are invited from interested candidates for the United Nations Information Service’s Graduate Study Programme (GSP) 2021. Participation in the program is free of charge.
The Programme provides an opportunity for participants to deepen their understanding of the United Nations System and the International Geneva through first-hand observations, lectures and study. The Graduate Study Programme is held at the United Nations Office at Geneva in early July every year.
This seminar, as part of the educational outreach programmes undertaken by the United Nations, provides an opportunity for outstanding graduate and postgraduate students from all over the world to deepen their understanding of the principles, purposes and activities of the United Nations, its related agencies and the International Geneva as a whole.
The 59th Graduate Study Program will be held at the Palais des Nations in Geneva, Switzerland from Monday, 28 June to Friday, 9 July 2021. It will comprise lectures given by representatives of the United Nations and other Geneva-based organizations, visits to institutions, and daily work in working groups under the guidance of expert moderators. The GSP theme for 2021 will be: “Post-COVID World: Reset, Resilience, Recovery”
- Applicants must be between 22 and 32 years of age at the time of application.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a master’s degree program or a postgraduate degree program at the time of application.
- Applicants who have already participated in previous editions of the Graduate Study Program will not be able to apply again.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- As several sessions and discussions may be held in French, working knowledge of French is also needed.
- Participation in the program is free of charge.
- The United Nations does not make any financial contribution towards visa, travel, board and lodging costs of participants. Governments, universities or foundations may offer grants to selected candidates. Candidates should seek advice from their universities in this regard.
Programme Selection Process
The participants in the Graduate Study Programme are selected by a Selection Committee composed of officials of the United Nations Office at Geneva with various backgrounds and professional experiences.
The Selection Committee is guided by the following criteria:
- Academic background
- Extracurricular activities
- Geographical balance
- Gender balance
- Knowledge of the two working languages of the Programme (English and French)
- Usefulness of the Programme for the career of the applicant
How to Apply for the United Nations Information Service’s Graduate Study Programme
The application form should be accompanied by a copy of the applicant’s passport, a letter of recommendation (in English or French only) from a university or governmental authority, proof of current enrolment (at the time of application) in a Master’s degree programme or a postgraduate degree programme (or equivalent), and university diplomas obtained.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
Once selected, successful candidates will be asked ahead of time to provide a medical certificate attesting their good health and proof of medical insurance coverage in Switzerland for the duration of the GSP. These two documents will be accepted in English or French only. Applications from candidates who are already employed full time will not be considered.
Wish to give this a shot? Apply/Submit below and share!
|⭐ Apply Next: 2022 Bovas & Company Limited Graduate Trainee Programme|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.