|👤 Eligibility: In Trainings and Workshops for Africans, Youths (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Mar 06, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The Generation Connect – Africa Youth Group (GC-AFR) aims at providing a unique participative process for youth to contribute to the work of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) in the African region. It is established within the framework of the “Generation Connect” global initiative.
GC-AFR offers the African youth a virtual platform to discuss opportunities and challenges related to digital technologies in the African region. Through this platform, youth will be able to share with the ITU Membership their interests, concerns, and perspectives on digital transformation, in particular in the context of the upcoming World Telecommunication Development Conference 2022 (WTDC-22) and the Generation Connect Global Youth Summit to be held in 2022.
This initiative was launched in November 2020, in line with the ITU Youth Strategy which aims to improve and have a real impact on the lives of young people around the world and to ensure meaningful participation of youth in ITU as key stakeholders in the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
|SEE ALSO: Summer Global Youth Forum 2022: Youth at the Forefront Of Achieving the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development|
In order to be eligible for GC-AR, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be between 18 and 25 years old;
- Be a citizen of the countries of the African region;
- Have interest and/or experience and knowledge in the field of digital technologies and digital transformation, including in the application of digital solutions in areas such as education, health, civic participation or other public services;
- Possess strong communication, analytical and writing skills;
- Possess the ability to work remotely in a team; Have an advanced level of English or French
- Interested in and/or having experience and knowledge in the field of international cooperation as well as being active in a national or regional youth organization in African States would be an advantage (not mandatory).
- Young Africans are invited to submit their applications via the online form before March 6, 2022, 11:59 p.m. Addis Ababa time. After a thorough analysis of all applications, the composition of the group will be announced by March 11, 2022.
|⭐ Apply Next: African Union CIEFFA Youth Capacity Building Workshop for Africans 2022|
PROMO ENDS SOON: WhatsApp Automation FullStack Course
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.