|👤 For (Open to): Admission Seekers, Secondary Sch Students|
|🕡 Deadline: May 31, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|📋 Category: Scholarships|
|📌 RSS Feed: Subscribe to Scholarships|
|❓ Help: Chat with an Agent|
|TELL US ABOUT AN OPPORTUNITY 📝|
The US Embassy, in partnership with Coca-Cola Nigeria Limited is pleased to announce its 2021/2022 EducationUSA Opportunity Funds Program (OFP) open to eligible applicants from all the states in Nigeria for a chance to study in the United States.
There are many determined and talented, low-income students in Nigeria who only require financial resources and access to information to better their educational future. For the 11th year, the United States Embassy, Nigeria seeks to identify academically qualified and highly motivated, low-income students in Nigeria to join the EducationUSA Opportunity Funds Program (OFP).
TheEducationUSA Opportunity Funds Program (OFP) works closely with students through regularly scheduled meetings and seminars to assist them throughout the application process to secure admission and scholarships to attend colleges and universities in the United States. OFP finances the cost of the application process, including registration fees for required standardized examinations and provides free membership to the U.S. EducationUSA Advising Center for its participants. OFP expects a sincere commitment from the students to give their energy and time to the program so that they may achieve their dreams of study in the United States.
|SEE ALSO: US Embassy Foreign Language Teaching Assistant Program for Nigerians 2021-2022|
- Complete Application Form
- Academic Results: Undergraduate Applicants– Attach a copyof your WAEC “O” Level results (from WAEC website). Include Cambridge A’Level or IGSCE results if applicable or available.
Graduate Applicants– Attach a copy of your Final year results and degree results (if available) First Class only (STEM majors preferred).
- Letters of recommendation: Undergraduate Applicants: Request a teacher or your school principal to complete a letter of recommendation form, attesting to your character, talent and skills. Please do not include a basic testimonial that does not talk about you as an individual.
Graduate Applicants: Provide the details of a lecturer, professor, or Head of Department (HOD) that we can contact to find out more about you.
- Transcript: Undergraduate Applicants: Send a scanned copy of your transcript from JS1 to SS3 including your mock and first term results, if possible.
Graduate Applicants– Send a scanned copy of your transcripts that show a GPA of 4.5 or above on a 5.0 scale.
- Essays: Write two essays, one from Group A and one from Group B, each of about 250– 300 words. The essay topics will be on the application form you receive. (Essay topics will be found on the form)
The selection of finalists forEducationUSA Opportunity Funds Program (OFP)is highly competitive, given limited funding. We look for applicants with:
- Strong academic record/ transcript
- Robust participation in extracurricular activities
- Involvement in leadership roles
- Excellent community service participation
- Financial Need
|SEE ALSO: Job Opportunities at the International Organization for Migration (IOM)|
NOTE: Undergraduate Applicants– If WAEC results are not available; the student must be currently in SS3. If WAEC results are available, they must be from May/June WAEC.
Students who have already started a University education are NOT eligible to apply.
How to Apply
|⭐ Apply Next: Government of Ireland Funded Postgraduate Scholarship Programme 2022|
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
|OTHER OPPORTUNITIES & DEADLINES:|