|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Literary/Art Contests for Everyone, Writers & Poets (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Dec 20, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
Editorial DALYA announces the VI International Playwriting Contest, which aims to encourage playwrights in the creation of bold and powerful plays for teenagers and young adult audiences. The heart of this competition is the participation of playwrights worldwide, regardless of nationality, age or language.
Writers are asked to submit a play for either category A ( The play must cater for a performance time of no less than 60 min) or category B (30-60 min) or category C (less than 30 min).
The prize is worth €12,000, thanks to the co-financing provided by the sons of Antonio Mesa Ruiz, to whose memory is dedicated this contest and the book series about theatre and plays published by Editorial DALYA. In addition to cash prizes, plus the translation, publication and public reading of the winning plays, there will be economic aids, to provide help for the production of performance and support for the dissemination of the winning plays among teenagers and young adult people.
1. The competition is open to all writers worldwide and there is no age or nationality limit for the entrants.
- We do accept plays co-authored by more than one writer. writer or playwright eans either a single writer or a group of writers in a collective work.
- The participation of an underage writer must be authorised by the legal guardian.
2. The competition is restricted to plays for young audiences.
- We do not accept plays for children or adult audiences,
- We do not accept musicals.
3. Writers are asked to submit a play for either:
- Category A. The play must cater for a performance time of no less than 60 min. and no more than two hours.
- Category B. The play must cater for a performance time of no less than 30 min and no more than one hour.
- Category C. The play must cater for a performance time of no less than 10 min and no more than 30 min.
4. The play can be written in any official language of the world.
5. The play must be a new and original piece of work. The play must not have been published in any form or awarded previously.
- The copyright of the play must be owned and/or controlled by the entrant to the full extent necessary to enable Editorial DALYA to use the work as contemplated by these contest rules.
- Performed plays can be submitted.
6. There is no fee to enter and no hidden costs for the entrants
How To Apply
7. The competition opens on Wednesday 1 September 2021, with the deadline for entry being on Monday 20 December 2021.
- We do accept up to three plays per writer.
- Each entry must contain just one play.
8. The play may be submitted via links provided in ytpwc.edalya.com or at Editorial DALYA web page: www.edalya.com. (→ Premios→Premio Teatro Joven).
- The document must contain a front page stating:
- The title of the play.
- The contest category (A or B or C).
- Contact e-mail.
- The writer’s name must be deleted from the entry and document to facilitate fair, anonymous judging.
9. An updated list of the plays submitted to the competition will be published on the
website of Editorial DALYA.
- The Jury can change the category at his sole discretion.
- The organization will send a notification to the writer to confirm that the entry has been accepted.
- Writers whose plays are not listed or have not received the acceptance of the entry should notify the organization by email.
- The entries with no contact email or this is incorrect will be discarded in the finalists’ selection.
|⭐ Apply Next: Kemper Human Rights Education Essay Contests|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.