|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Scholarships for Africans, Girls & Women, Undergraduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Nov 12, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
WAAW Foundation Scholarship offers $500 for need-based undergraduate female African students admitted to a University, College, or institute of higher learning in Africa.
WAAW Foundation awards annual scholarships to students who demonstrate need and prove their status as full-time students in a STEM-related course in an African University. Recipients will be required to start a STEM Outreach Chapter at their university.
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)-related courses at any African university;
- All fields of Engineering
- All computer science
- Science & Mathematics related fields; Industrial chemistry, environmental sciences
- Medical courses; Pharmacy / Biomedical, Biochemistry, Zoology
Agriculture, Geography, Statistics, etc.
|SEE ALSO: Emory University Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students 2023|
Not Accepted Courses:
- Core medical courses like Medicine and Surgery, Nursing, etc
- Social Science courses
- Art courses.
- Female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate B.S.degree program.
- Studying STEM-related courses in a University or college in Africa.
- Demonstrable financial need
- Excellent Academic Record.
- Proven leadership, volunteering, and community service
- Below the age of 32 years.
- Only students in their first and second year are eligible to apply. And also students in their third year if studying a five-year course.
- WAAW Foundation Scholarship offers $500 for need-based undergraduate female African students
How to Apply
Go to WAAW Foundation on forms.gle to apply
Your application will include the following:
- The application form should be filled out completely.
- Personal and Contact Information.
- Educational background and Family Information.
- A statement of need should describe why scholarship funds are needed and what the funds will be used for if received.
- Essays are vital criteria in determining candidates who are shortlisted. Responses to essay questions that address career goals and how you expect the WAAW scholarship will assist in your education. Please have your essay responses ready before you begin the application.
- 1. In 500 words or less, please write an essay on your future career goals and how you expect the WAAW foundation scholarship will assist in fulfilling those goals.
- 2. In 300 words or less, please describe what you believe about female education in Africa and its impact on research, development, or advancement in African economies.
3. In 500 words or less, what is your proudest achievement to date
- 4. Describe in ten or fewer sentences why you need a scholarship. Tell us about your need or personal/family/financial situation and how the funds from the WAAW scholarship will assist your education and career plans.
|SEE ALSO: Apply: 2023 Sydney Scholars Awards for Undergraduate International Students|
- Two academic/professional references. Note recommendation letters and transcripts ARE NOT REQUIRED at the time of application. ONLY after a candidate has been shortlisted. However, you must provide the names of 2 references in your application.
ONLY Shortlisted candidates will be required to send the following additional items in order to complete this process.
- 2 references; one MUST be written by a professor from your institution of study and the other from an academic supervisor/advisor or mentor to be emailed by your referee to us.
- A copy of a current signed and sealed transcript from your University is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A copy of the student’s School identity card must be scanned and emailed to us.
|⭐ Apply Next: Hague Academy Orange Knowledge & MENA Scholarship Programme 2022|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.