> Check your mailbox or spam to confirm.
|🆕 New: Find more Awards & Prizes at Latestopportunities.com|
|🕡 Deadline: Oct 05, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
This scheme provides funding for early-career researchers from any discipline who are ready to develop their research identity. Through innovative projects, they will deliver shifts in understanding that could improve human life, health and wellbeing. By the end of the award, they will be ready to lead their own independent research programme.
You can apply to this scheme if you are an early-career researcher and you are ready to design, plan and deliver your own innovative research project that aims to:
- Advance understanding in your field
|SEE ALSO: GDN Global Development Awards Competition 2023|
- Develop methodologies, conceptual frameworks, tools or techniques that could benefit health-related research.
During the award, we expect you to:
- Expand your technical skills and/or your experience of different research methodologies or frameworks
- Build a collaborative network with other researchers in your field
- Develop your people management skills
- Advance your understanding of how to complete research responsibly and promote a positive and inclusive culture.
Your research can be in any discipline – including science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), experimental medicine, humanities and social science, clinical/allied health sciences, and public health – as long as it has the potential to improve human life, health and wellbeing, and aligns with our funding remit.
|SEE ALSO: ASCL Africa Thesis Award for African Researchers 2023|
Benefits of Wellcome Early-Career Awards
- A Wellcome Early-Career Award provides a salary for the grantholder and up to £400,000 for research expenses. If you are eligible to request overheads or overseas allowances, we won’t count these against the £400,000 limit for research expenses.
- If after two or more years from your ECA activation date your organisation awards you a permanent, open ended or long-term rolling contract that includes your salary, you will be able to keep the salary element of the award to use towards your remaining research costs.
- The award usually lasts for 5 years, but may be less for some disciplines, such as humanities and social science.
- The award may be held on a part-time basis. We will extend the duration of the award to reflect this.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
|⭐ Apply Next: Volvo Environment Prize for Environmental Scientists 2024 (EUR 150,000 award)|
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.