|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Fellowships for Africans (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Feb 20, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The West African Research Association (WARA) in the interest of supporting intercountry exchange and academic collaboration and with funding support from the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the United States Department, announces Residency positions for WARA member institutions to host a scholar or researcher on their campus.
The residency will afford the visiting scholar or researcher the opportunities for library research, guest lecturing as well as collaborative work with colleagues from America. Applicants are to note that residencies are short-term exchange programmes not meant to fill faculty positions.
|SEE ALSO: Herbert Scoville Jr. Peace Fellowship 2022 (Fully-funded)|
To be eligible for the West African Research Association Residency Fellowship, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be scholars from West Africa willing to enroll in the WARA Residency Fellowship programme.
- Applicants must be willing to travel to any WARA host institution away from his/her home country.
- Applicants who are eligible for non-immigrant visas to the U.S. will be considered.
- Applicants must possess relevant credentials in the field of study where his/her fellowship will be granted and must possess great leadership qualities.
- Applicants must demonstrate that they are capable of supporting the goals of the West African Research Association.
- $3500 stipend
- Round-trip travel costs
|SEE ALSO: IMU-Simons African Fellowship Program in Mathematical Research 2022|
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the WARA Residency Fellowship are to ensure that they complete the online application making available the following requirements:
- Name and contact information for representative of WARA host institution.
- An abstract of about 50-80 words of the proposed residency clearly stating the purpose of the Residency.
- A proposal of no more than six (6) double-spaced pages profiling the visiting scholar, his/her proposed residency activities, how the residency activities will contribute to the goals of WARA, the expected impact or outcome of the residency and the support that the host institution is prepared to contribute.
- The Curriculum vitae of the visiting scholar and letter of interest from the scholar.
- Letter of support from a relevant administrator at the host institution which can be the dean, department head.
- Applicants are to provide proof of citizenship in the form of a copy of the scholar’s passport.
|⭐ Apply Next: Call for Applications: Lagos African Cluster Centre 2023 Visiting Research Fellowship Program|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.