|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Post-Graduate Programs for Post Graduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Jan 26, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The Wolfson Foundation awards funding to outstanding students who demonstrate the potential to make an impact on their chosen field of study. These scholarships are available to international (including EU) and UK (home) students with notable academic excellence.
At University of York, with generous funding from the Wolfson Foundation, the Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarships fund doctoral research in three Subject Disciplines – History, Literature and Languages.
|SEE ALSO: 2022/23 KU Leuven Global Minds Doctoral Scholarships Programme|
Wolfson Scholarships will be awarded to academically excellent applicants who should, ideally, aspire to an academic career. There are three scholarships available for 2022/23, which will be awarded to the top candidates across all Subject Disciplines of History, Literature and Languages.
To be eligible, you must:
- Have applied for, and ideally be in receipt of an offer of a place on, a PhD programme in the relevant department
- Expect to begin your PhD studies on 1 October 2022 (deferrals are not permitted)
- Have a First or 2:1 honours degree or equivalent prior to commencing the PhD
- Have completed a Masters-level qualification before commencing the PhD
- Have a research project that fits within at least one of the Wolfson Foundation’s Subject Disciplines of History, Languages and Literature.
- Open to International (including EU) and UK (home) students. The applicant should be applying for a place on a course in one of the following departments:
- Department of Archaeology
- Department of English and Related Literature
- Department of History
- Department of History of Art
- Department of Language and Linguistic Science
- Department of Music
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Theatre, Film, Television and Interactive Media
- Centre for Medieval Studies
- Centre for Women’s Studies
Each scholarship offers £30,250 each year (over three years) and covers:
- Tuition fees (at home/international rate; where an international student is awarded, the student’s department covers the difference between home and international fee rate)
- A maintenance stipend of around £22,000 per year
- Some research and training costs.
|SEE ALSO: Mahmoud S. Rabbani 2022 Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies in the Netherlands|
How to Apply
Applications for the Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarships at University of York should be made online by accessing the online application form. For applying for the scholarship, note that;
- You must have made an application for a place of study via York Select before making an application for a Wolfson Scholarship
- This application form is for 2022/23 entry, and opens at midday on Thursday 4 November 2021
- Applicants must indicate an expected start date of October 2022 on their programme application
- The closing deadline for applications is Wednesday 26 January 2022, 5pm GMT
- In the interests of fairness, applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
|⭐ Apply Next: Government Of Quebec Postdoctoral Training Scholarships 2023-2024 for International Researchers|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.