|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In General Competitions for Youths (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Jul 20, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
A new World Bank regional education strategy for Western and Central Africa outlines priority?areas, guiding principles, and policy options to support countries in increasing access to education and improving the quality of learning over the next three years. The strategy focuses on the common challenges within a highly diverse region and covers all the sub-sectors of education, including formal and informal, technical, and vocational education, as well as higher education. It prioritizes interventions based on the potential to make the most significant impact within a three-year timeframe, building on lessons learned and best practices from the region and across the world.
We want to hear from YOU! We are launching a poetry competition to showcase the importance of education and access to quality learning for young people in Western and Central Africa.
|SEE ALSO: 2022 NYFF Youth Leadership Debate Competition for Nigerian Students|
Share a creative, inspiring, and artistic 1-minute video of yourself reciting YOUR ORIGINAL POEM for the chance to get featured on our social media channels.Through poetry, show and tell us how can education unlock you potential and/or impact your community?
- A citizen of a Western & Central African member country (Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Republic of Congo, Ivory Coast, Gabon, Ghana, Equatorial, Liberia, Guinea, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, The Gambia, Togo)
- You must be between 18 and 35 years old
- *We strongly encourage diverse, untraditional, and unheard voices to enter this competition
- *Bank staff including its consultants and their immediate family members, contractors and their employees are not eligible to participate.
- The top five final selected entries will be published on select social media platforms of the World Bank and awarded a prize
How to Apply
Visit World Bank on wb.forms.fm to apply
- Upload a 1-minute video of yourself reciting your original poem.
- Your poem should answer the question: how education can unlock your potential and/or impact your community.
- Record yourself in a quiet place (no music or background noise). Listen to your audio before you upload to make sure we can hear you well. No other persons are allowed in the video.
- Make sure the video is not shaky, the camera must be still while filming.
- Ensure your video is artistic, original, and creative. Videos must not have been previously published or used for a commercial purpose such as private sale or used in monetized platforms. All content to be used must be original, including any music.
- Do not add any graphics, text, or captions. If you need to perform your poem in sign language, you are welcome to do so.
- Film in landscape mode.
|⭐ Apply Next: Green Spaces in the City: Flash Fiction and Poetry Competition 2023|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.