|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Internships / Graduate Trainee Progs. for Graduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Apr 30, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The World Bank Legal Vice Presidency (“LEGVPU”) offers highly-motivated law students an opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of the World Bank and that of LEGVPU.
The World Bank Legal Vice Presidency offers highly-motivated law students an opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of the World Bank and that of the Legal Vice Presidency. The World Bank Legal Internship Program allows individuals to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas, and latest research experiences into the World Bank’s daily operations and improve their legal skills while working in a multicultural environment.
|SEE ALSO: UNDP Digital Transformation Internship Programme 2022|
The objective of the program is to provide you first-hand experiences of the day-to-day operations of the World Bank by closely collaborating with staff in the Legal Vice Presidency. As part of our team, working directly with outstanding and inspiring development professionals and senior management, you will get the chance to contribute to the legal services offered by the Legal Vice Presidency as well as participate in high-profile events and conferences organized during the term of your internship.
- Visa: Students partaking in the World Bank Legal Internship Program must have valid student visa documents sponsored by their educational institutions. The World Bank shall only assist attainment of visa documents for participants of the World Bank Legal Internship Program in exceptional cases.
- Cost: The World Bank shall not remunerate participants of the World Bank Legal Internship Program in the form of monetary fees/compensation. Each World Bank Legal Intern must however be remunerated in accordance with World Bank Group policies and standards in the form of (i) monetary fees/compensation paid by the university or other sponsoring organization and acceptable to the Bank; or (ii) academic credit equivalent to the Bank’s fee schedule. Hence, students partaking in the World Bank Legal Internship Program must secure appropriate funding sources for the duration of their internships.
- Medical Insurance: World Bank Legal Interns are responsible for their own medical insurance and any cost(s) arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during the internship period and must show proof of a valid major global medical insurance coverage.
- Onboarding: The World Bank Legal Vice Presidency shall organize a brief onboarding session at the beginning of the Summer, Fall, and Spring Internship Program for the incoming cohort.
- Evaluations on Performance: The World Bank shall not provide evaluation on the performance of participants in the World Bank’s Legal Internship Program.
- Please note that applying or partaking in the World Bank Legal Internship Program does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment at the World Bank upon completion of the Program.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Do you hold citizenship of any IBRD member state?
- Are you enrolled in an LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent legal academic program while you would be undertaking your internship with us? (e.g. if you apply for the Summer Cycle of LIP, you must be enrolled in an eligible legal academic program between June and August)
- Do you have an excellent command of the English language?
|SEE ALSO: Aliko Dangote Foundation – VDMA 2022 Technical Training Programme|
If you have answered yes to all these questions, you are eligible to be an intern in the Legal Vice Presidency. Preference shall be given to candidates who possess a decent command of a second language, especially if that is one of the working languages of IBRD (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
Applications from eligible international as well as U.S.-based students are equally encouraged.
Documents Required for Application
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of enrollment in a law degree (LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent) and academic transcript(s).
- Short essay providing a response to a research question posed by the Legal Vice Presidency for the prevailing application period.
Visit the OFFICIAL PAGE for further information. DROP COMMENTS for questions/suggestions.
|⭐ Apply Next: MTN Pulse Internship Program for Undergraduate Students 2023|
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.