|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Awards & Prizes for Girls & Women (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Apr 30, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
Nominations are open for the WWSF Prize for Women’s Creativity in Rural Life 2023. The Women’s World Summit Foundation (WWSF) has launched the “Prize for Women’s Creativity in Rural Life” to honor women and women’s groups around the world exhibiting exceptional creativity, courage, and commitment to the improvement of the quality of life in rural communities.
The Prize aims to draw international attention to laureates’ contributions to sustainable development, household food security and peace, thus generating recognition and support for their projects. While rural women are vital in providing examples of sound practice in their communities, they still do not have full access to tools needed for development, such as education, credit, land rights and participation in decision making. By highlighting and awarding creative development models, innovations and experiences enhancing the quality of rural life, WWSF participates in addressing the eradication of rural poverty, gender mainstreaming and women’s empowerment.
|SEE ALSO: Aurora Tech Award 2023: A $30,000 Prize for Women Founders|
The long-term impact of the Prize depends on the integrity of the nominators and the quality of their nominations. The Prize is an award for successful accomplishments rather than a fund for future projects.
The nominee’s history, written by the nominator (2-3 pages) must demonstrate the creativity, courage and sometimes sacrifice in the efforts by the candidate at the grass roots level to improve life in rural communities. Descriptions should be as specific as possible.
Any of the following elements should be emphasized:
- Exceptional courage and perseverance in improving rural life
- Creativity in the approach
- Preservation of and respect for the environment (if the candidate is involved with the environment)
- Continuing impact in the community
- Participation in the WWSF 17 Days of Activism Campaign 1-17 October with 17 themes is encouraged
- Underline how the work of the candidate promotes the UN Sustainable Development Agenda 2030 – Transforming the world.
- Nominees should be women and women’s groups currently active in rural life whose efforts have not yet been acknowledged by other awards. They may not nominate themselves.
- The nominating organization or individual must have direct experience of the nominee’s work. The nominator may not nominate a family member, be a member of the nominated organization, nor can an organization nominate its senior officer (i.e. founder, president etc.). No more than three nominees may be presented by the same person/organization in the same year. The nominator commits to organize an award ceremony if the candidate is selected for the Prize and invites the media.
|SEE ALSO: Les Margaret 2023 Awards for Women Entrepreneur|
- Each laureate will receive $1,000.
How To Apply
Nomination materials should arrive no later than April 30 through the post and be addressed to WWSF Women’s World Summit Foundation, POB 1504, 1211 Geneva 1, Switzerland. Tel.: +41 (0) 22 738 66 19
|⭐ Apply Next: BBC News 2023 Komla Dumor Award for African Journalists|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.