|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In for (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Aug 31, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
Are you an immersive media artist or creative technologist based in Africa? Do you have a concept or project that utilizes real-time 3D (RT3D) or Extended Reality (XR) technology in a creative and impactful way? Electric South invites emerging as well as accomplished African XR creators to apply for a new XR Social Impact Grant.
The aim of the grant is to give African creators access to skills, expertise, tools, and networks to create a prototype or proof of concept using RT3D/XR technology, or to help finish an already existing project.
|SEE ALSO: VentureWell Accelerator E-Team Programme 2022|
- Be citizens of an African country and based in Africa for the majority of the time (at least 6 months/year). They welcome participants from across the African continent and encourage applicants from identities that have been historically under-supported or underrepresented within the fields of art and technology to apply, including those who are disabled, women, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and others.
- Either well versed in a game engine (Unity or Unreal etc.) or technically proficient in similar real-time content creation, 3D modeling, or animation software (for example Blender, Maya, or Autodesk 3DS Max).
- Utilise RT3D/XR technology in a meaningful and impactful way.
- Be narrative or non-fiction, but all projects must be impact driven with measurable impact goals, calls to action and/or encompass themes of freedom of expression, social, healthcare, education, humanitarian, or environmental issues.
- The last day to submit your application is Wednesday, August 31, 2022 by 23h59 SAST.
- All successful applicants will be notified by Friday, September 16, 2022.
- The online programme will run from October 1 — November 25, 2022.
- Final prototypes or projects will be due by November 25, 2022.
|SEE ALSO: Apply: Getty Foundation 2022 Scholar Grants|
- Seven extended reality projects (augmented or virtual reality) will be selected to receive $5,000 USD each in grant funds to develop their proof of concepts, or to complete projects already in progress. Artists will retain full ownership of all work that is produced.
- In addition, creators will participate in a few group sessions with experts, and will receive one-on-one technical support from specialists and advisors. All sessions will take place online in October and November 2022.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
|⭐ Apply Next: DAAD Artists-in-Berlin Programme 2023|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.