|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Awards & Prizes for Entrepreneurs, Innovators (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Jan 05, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
Over the last four decades, we have been witnessing significant economic growth in most parts of the world. At the same time, we are seeing a rise in inequality, an exacerbating climate crisis and a rising sense of disempowerment. This trend can be described as the decoupling of economic prosperity from social prosperity and environmental sustainability. The Global Solutions Initiative aims to address this trend by generating proposals to better align economic and political activities with environmental sustainability and social prosperity. With the Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards we want to recognize and reward projects and initiatives by young people from around the world which embody this recoupling-approach.
Recoupling-projects must be guided by a people-centric approach, one that puts the needs and voices of their stakeholders, customers, workers and communities at the center. The jury will be looking for particularly novel, unique and original approaches or projects that address specific issues which have previously been neglected. Projects must be beyond the idea phase and can include social businesses as well as nonprofit activities. (You can find examples of previous projects here.)
The best entries overall will be presented on the Global Solutions website. Successful applicants will also become part of the Young Global Changers class of 2022 and join a global community of more than 350 young changemakers. Finally, 10 participants will be chosen to present their project at the 2022 Global Solutions Summit (March 28/29, 2022) in Berlin. A jury will select three winners. The overall winner receives a prize of € 5.000, the runner-up receives € 2.000, third place wins € 1.000.
|SEE ALSO: Yale Young African Scholars Programme in the United States 2022|
Who are the Young Global Changers?
The Young Global Changers (YGC) are individuals with innovative ideas on how to make this world a better place. They must have developed a project or an initiative to turn these ideas into action.
The Young Global Changers program brings together these young people from around the world who are working towards a global paradigm shift, combining their talents and together becoming a strong voice for change.
Since 2017, the Young Global Changers program has attracted over 350 students and young professionals from more than 110 different countries to participate in the Global Solutions Summit and to attend the Global Solutions Summer School.
- Young entrepreneurs or innovators who have started or are involved in a leading role in a social enterprise that aims at aligning economic activity with environmental sustainability and social prosperity.
- Young business leaders aiming at changing “business as usual” from the inside (“intrapreneurs”).
- Young non-profit actors, community organizers, advocacy leaders, campaigners, or implementers of social, economic, or environmental change on a local, regional or even on the global level.
- The project, business or initiative that you apply with needs to aim at recoupling, i.e. a better alignment of economic or political activities with social well-being and environmental sustainability.
- The applicant should have a leading position in the project/initiative they are applying with. (e.g. founder, co-founder, project-lead, initiator or a similar role.)
- The applicant needs to be between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Applicants need to be willing and motivated to become active members of a global network which aims at bringing about lasting global change.
|SEE ALSO: Savvy Prize for Impact-Driven Entrepreneurs | Win $3,000 Cash Prizes and Support|
How to Apply
Complete the online application form and include all relevant information about your change project. There are no costs associated with the application. For a successful submission the following information and material will need to be provided:
- Personal information (name, email address, place of residence, date and place of birth)
- Project information (name of the project, project description, connection to recoupling)
- Upload of the following documents: 1. CV, 2. project description, 3. short video (max. 5 min)
The selection and evaluation of the projects will be done by a jury. Of all projects submitted, the best will compete in the semi-finals and will be presented on our website, 10 will be selected for the finals. After the semi-finals, all finalists will receive additional information about the next steps.
The 10 finalists will get the opportunity to present their projects in front of a live jury of experts and a global audience at the Global Solutions Summit 2022 on March 28/29 in Berlin. The pitch can be held digitally or on-site. (It will not be a disadvantage if one of the finalists is not able to attend the summit in Berlin in person.)
Here are important tips on how to apply successfully.
|⭐ Apply Next: BBC News 2023 Komla Dumor Award for African Journalists|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.