> Check your mailbox or spam to confirm.
First Bank of Nigeria is a Nigerian multinational bank and financial services company headquartered in Lagos. It is the biggest bank in Nigeria by total deposits and gross earnings.
FBN operates a network of over 750 business locations across Africa, the United Kingdom and representative offices in Abu Dhabi, Beijing and Johannesburg set up to capture trade-related business between geographies.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply to fill the First Bank of Nigeria Latest Recruitment 2023.
Category Manager (Services)
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
- To develop and implement a category management approach and strategy in line with the Bank’s Procurement Strategy.
- To drive strategic category sourcing, procurement and internal stakeholder management activities in a bid to deliver total cost of ownership savings for procurement categories.
- To ensure efficient implementation of the Bank’s expenditure budget (CAPEX and OPEX) for category related procurement.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement category management strategies utilizing an end-to-end value chain approach to increase market competitiveness and sustain ongoing category improvements
- Maintain deep category expertise through understanding and application of industry developments, marketplace trends, emerging technology, new techniques, leading practices, and shared experiences
- Plan category related procurement activities for the financial year and periodically review category spend to identify and pursue strategic sourcing and demand management opportunities
- Ensure compliance to the Bank’s Procurement Policy for procurement categories and activities
- Develop and maintain a Category Sourcing Plan to coordinate sourcing and contract management activities
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to implement and monitor category sourcing and supply plan for the various categories to ensure appropriate alignment and customer satisfaction
- Lead cross-functional sourcing teams during sourcing events and negotiations for applicable categories to ensure best value with regard to pricing and quality
- Oversee execution of procurement purchases utilizing an end-to-end value chain approach
- Drive development of sustainable partnerships with strategic suppliers for procurement related categories
- Active involvement in the contractor/vendor pre-qualification process for approved category related projects
- Manage influence-able spend via demand management and flagging of maverick spend to ensure costs are managed properly under procurement related categories
- Ensure adherence to defined parameters for quality assurance of goods/services received as well as the escalation route for complaints/rejection
- Prepare and review periodic reports of trend analysis for category spend
- Identify and drive implementation of procurement process improvements related to the category
- Develop impact assessments and analyses based on internal market forecasts and internal requirements, external benchmarking studies and/or market trends including, but not limited to, future spend opportunities, category risks, and supplier sustainability
- Conduct periodic appraisal of supplier performance to validate ability of suppliers to meet defined standards and rate suppliers accordingly
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum Education: A good first degree in any discipline from a reputable institution.
- Higher Degrees/Professional Certifications (an added advantage).
- Minimum experience: 8 years’ relevant experience.
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.