The Financial Institutions Training Centre (FITC) is accepting submissions from undergraduates in tertiary institutions for its 2020 Youth Connect Essay Challenge. Prizes include $1500 cash, laptops for three winners and 1-year mentorship.
The deadline for the submission of entries for the Essay Challenge is 31st August 2020.
The theme of its Youth Connect Essay Challenge as announced by FITC is
“Accelerating Growth and Development in Africa: The Role of Technology and Innovation.”
The purpose of the FITC Youth Connect Essay Challenge is to harness the creativity and innovation mindset of the African youth, in promoting growth and development in Africa. It drives to promoting excellence and knowledge among young minds.
Africa is highly diverse and rich in its Economic, Political, and Social Structures. With the advent of new technologies and innovation, our economy has the potential to leapfrog its limitations and grow at a brisk pace.
The task as stated is to write an Essay on the Role of Technology and Innovation in accelerating growth and development.
Enjoy 20% Discount: Advertise your brand, services and projects NOW with ACEworld Publishers.
- Winner – $1,000 + Laptop + Leadership Certification Programme + 1-year Mentorship Programme
- 1st runner up – $500 + Laptop + 1-year Mentorship Programme
- 2nd runner up – Laptop + 1-year Mentorship Programme
FITC Youth Connect Essay Challenge Eligibility
This Essay is open to undergraduates from all tertiary institutions in Africa
How to Submit Entries for FITC Youth Connect Essay Challenge.
- Essays can be in English or French, and must not exceed 1000 words.
Entrants are expected to show originality, creativity, clarity and focus on the topic
- Essays must be original and unpublished. Plagiarized entries will be disqualified.
- Essays must be written by one person. Co-written essays will not be accepted.
- One entry per person.
- FITC’s Panel of judges decision is final
- Entries will be disqualiﬁed if they fail to meet these requirements
- All entries should be submitted online. Fill your details on the registration page and follow the required steps.
To learn more about the challenge, click here. You can also connect with FITC on their social media accounts @fitcnigeria.
However, Farmz2u is still accepting entries for their Food For Thought Essay Contest 2020 for Young Nigerians. There will be cash prizes and food packages as prizes.