|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
The Federal Ministry of Youth And Sport Development in partnership with the Bank of Industry (BOI) has launched the second edition of the 60-day app development challenge for young tech enthusiasts across the country.
The initiative which is open to applicants between the ages 18-35 according to the National Youth Policy is aimed at improving innovation and creativity among Nigerian Youth by encouraging them to develop their own app ideas and turn them into a reality by using them to solve problems within one of the shortlisted sectors listed below:
|SEE ALSO: NITDA Begins NAVSA Empowerment Programme In Katsina|
- The Agric-tech sector covers technologies related to agriculture, such as precision farming, crop monitoring, and irrigation systems. An app idea that solves a problem in this sector could be one that helps farmers optimize their crop yields, identify pests and diseases early, or streamline their irrigation systems.
- The Edu-tech sector covers technologies related to education, such as online learning platforms, virtual classrooms, and educational games. An app idea that solves a problem in this sector could be one that helps students learn more effectively provides access to high-quality education for underserved communities, or gamifies the learning process.
- The Health sector covers technologies related to healthcare, such as telemedicine, fitness tracking, and disease management. An app idea that solves a problem in this sector could be one that helps people manage their health more effectively provides access to healthcare for underserved communities or tracks healthy behavior.
- The Sports sector covers technologies related to sports, such as fitness tracking, performance analysis, and sports media. An app idea that solves a problem in this sector could be one that helps athletes optimize their performance provides access to sports content for underserved communities or streamlines the process of managing a sports team.
- The Telecommunications sector covers technologies related to telecommunications, such as mobile networks, internet service providers, and communication tools. An app idea that solves a problem in this sector could be one that helps people stay connected more easily provides access to communication tools for underserved communities, or streamlines the process of managing a telecom network.
|SEE ALSO: 2023 Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship|
Eligibility (Who Can Participate): Young Nigerians between the ages of 18 and 35.
- 10 Grand Prizes of N1 million each
- Business Development Training
- 50 FMYSD Participation Certificates
Deadline: Launch & Completion Dates The Challenge commenced on Monday the 9th of January 2023. Entry Submissions close on the 10th of March 2023.
How to apply
Interested applicants should apply via https://appchallenge.ng
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.