|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
Decide if a dentistry career is right for you. Explore everything from the university application process to daily dentist duties.
|👨💼 Sponsor: The University of Glasgow|
|📚 Field: Medicine|
|🌐 Host: FutureLearn|
|🎓 Mode: Online|
|🎓 For more: Subscribe to Courses|
Gain dentistry experience online before applying for a degree in dentistry
This course offers prospective dental students everywhere the chance to better understand what it’s like to be a dental student, how to ace the application process, and what a career in dentistry could hold.
You’ll learn everything from the importance of oral health for patient wellbeing to what a typical day looks like for a dentist.
|SEE ALSO: Free Online Course Paediatric Dentistry for Non-Specialists|
Explore career opportunities in dentistry and what it takes to succeed
On this course, you’ll be introduced to the dental profession through a unique, virtual insight into the daily work of dentists. You’ll learn what qualities a dentist needs and find out the key daily activities dentists perform.
Hearing from existing dentistry students, you’ll discover different topics you would study as a dental student, and hear what it’s like to be a dental student at university today.
Gain dentistry work experience online
Work shadowing in a dental setting would normally be a core part of your application to a dental course. However, due to COVID-19 and its unique impact on dentistry, this valuable experience is not an option.
This course offers you vital insight into not only the unique nature of dentistry as a career, but also can be used as evidence of your dentistry understanding and passion for the subject.
|SEE ALSO: Free Online Course Good Pharmacy Practice: Introduction to Medication Delivery Systems|
Learn from the University of Glasgow admissions team and practicing dentists
This course includes contributions from the University of Glasgow admissions team who have detailed knowledge of the admissions process, as well as experienced practicing dentists in hospital and general practice.
By the end of the course, you’ll have enhanced your knowledge of what to expect from a dental course and what a dental career will entail, as well as gained valuable advice and experience around your dental degree or course application
What topics will you cover?
- Understand the unique nature of dentistry as a career
- Gain an insight into what the dental team does, how the team functions and the daily work of a General Dental Practitioner
- Discover the impact that COVID-19 has had on the dental profession and the care we provide to our patients
- Discuss the impact of COVID-19 on sustainability within dentistry
- Learn all about the application process for dental school and hear from some dentists and students about the things they found most helpful when applying
- Find out what you’ll study as a dental student
- Discover the wide range of careers in dentistry open to you after you graduate from dental school
- Learn about the importance of oral health to your general health
- Join a discussion about why wellbeing and a good work life balance is so important for those embarking on a career in dentistry
Who is the course for?
The course is designed for prospective dentistry applicants looking to study dentistry in the UK.
It will also be of interest to those intending to apply for courses in dental hygiene and therapy or dental nursing.
It may have a wider interest to school students, career advisors, and PSE teachers.
Note: See other free online courses here.
AD PACKAGES: Push your business to the face of over 8,000 people from as little as #1,000.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.